Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP!!!! I need a name.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DirtyNapkin, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

2. I don't name cars, but...how about some real space terms.

Evening Star
    Andromeda
    Aphelion
    Critical Density
    Morning Star
    Shock Wave
    Spectra

3. Bulow!

Buick + Low

4. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Calipeno
    Calapeno
    Deja Vu

Choice looking Booick!

5. The SS Cunt Cream

Seriously nice car though

6. Ha Dirty napkin: " Firet let me ask you, did some one give you your name or did you earn it???HUMMM. Don't you know that you can not give your ride a name, she has to earn her name. That's the only way you will take her for who she is.
    For instance, my 39 Chev two door sedan, which is still in my garage, by the way. She came home on a trailer from three states away. So the first time I took her for a drive, I stopped off at a friends house to show her off. My bud came right up to her & kissed her on the nose, "hood ornament". Well you might had guesses it, I was petrified. First thing I said was, why you hussy, if you would let an UGLY OLD GUY like him kiss you, you would let any one kiss you. So her name was earned.She is my HUSSY.

Now my new project, my STUBBED TOW. Four or five years ago was the first time I had read that in 1939, Chevy added COE's to there assembly line. After checking out a few photos of some really cool COE's that other Chevy guys had built. Chevy's first year & so cool, I just got to have one. It took two years before I found my STUBBED TOW. I had never seen anything so short. Less than 108" wheel base. She also came home on a trailer, From Arkansas to Oregon. I already had a 91 suburban I had been driving. The body & interior was getting very tired. So I was thinking of putting my 91 suburban chassis /drive train under the COE. But when she got home, first thing I noticed was that she was to short for any chassis I could come up with. Longer story shorter, she lived her entire first life as a little 1 ton tow truck. I had herd people calling COE's, stub nose cab overs. So hence came her name, My STUBBED TOE..

NOW FOR YOUR DELI MA, that is a real nice ride you got there but she has to earn her name or you will never respect her for who she is.

My brother once had an old 53 Ford pickup. He drove it for 10 years, & always called her a PIG She had all kind's of tworks, some times she would sputter, some times not idle, some times she was ready to drive the mirical mile. "Trying to cut this one short". I bought her from my bro for $1,buck. Well, one late nite she left me sitting in front of my girlfriends house, 19 year old me, I was to em-barest to go inside & ask for a ride home. I pushed her a couple houses down the road & walked home. Next early morning I called my bro, first thing he said was, did you leave the choke out a little??? Well no, I said, so he took me to her, I pulled the choke, she fired right up, I left the choke out a little & she drove home like nothing ever happened. Since than, some times she would sputter & spit at me, & I would always pray & beg her to please start up & act right. I never put her down calling her a pig. Instead I would call her old sweet Betsy. I drove that truck for 20 years & she never/never left me stranded again since that night at my girlfriends house... At first she was just a daily driver, than I moved up to Oregon, which is another story about Betsy, " but for later". But I re-did her with all 3/4 ton suspension & 4 speed/granny trans with an industrial 300 Ford six. 1958 motor & trans. She was a flat bed pickup. I cut firewood for sale back in 1980 when work was hard to come by. She would haul as much & more than most any newer V8 3/4 ton truck with no or little strain.
    Than years later, when work was good & money was better, I gave her some low pro chrome wheels with wide tires. I cut her bed shorter as to make her cool again, new upholstery all done in my garage, by my self. She never left me stranded in 20 years.
    So just wait till your old girl tells you what she wants to be called. Than you better call her what she likes, or you may pay for it...
    Just a couple other old girls I dated/drove wild was My Jezzebell & my Taco wagon Both feal fun times & I still respect them for who they were...

7. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

how about marvin the martian . to much?

8. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Green Nebula. They're out there.

9. Muttley

Muttley

How about "Atomic Sinus Infection"?

10. Movinman

Movinman

Atomic Endeavor

11. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

12. Well I am sure it has been mentioned but:
    Sputnic
    Gemini
    Fuel rod

You could name it after a famouse sitcom of the era:
    Outer limits
    Twilite Zone
    Amos and Andy

None of these stick do they, drive it down there and get a srtriper to tag it once you get there. Do they give extra points for a catchy name?

13. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I didnt read the whole thread...Nice car! The car-naming threads dont always go too well...hope you have thick skin.

14. I don't think that any of the standard names have even cum [sic] up yet. ;)

15. Benno, Cum Dumpster was an early entry....

16. Blake84

Blake84

I see this is not your first time naming a car haha

17. Damn missed it. Well then no one will get too upset at this:

Sticky Condom
    Gooey Louie

Now back to being a little more serious:
    Poke Salad Anney
    Green Goblin

18. Rocket88nut

Rocket88nut

Buirealis as in Aurora Borealis you get all kinds of shades in the northern lights

19. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Couldn't agree more.

20. 74bowtie

74bowtie

He's not painting it on the side of the car he said on a sign for the GNRS.

How about "Mint Jupiter" all I got

21. ken bogren

ken bogren

I vote for this:

22. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

"Heywood Jablomy"

23. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is "Busonic" already taken?

24. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Was in the 50s.
    Paul

25. oj

oj

26. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Buick de Menthe
    The Chopped Pistachio

27. VonKool13

VonKool13

Lost in the 50s or DooWopShawopwop. Or I love Lucy. Blue Moon or Rock around the Clock. Then u could put a tray of plastic burgers, frys , and a coke on the window and ask your girl to wear a poodle skirt. Yeah Daddio just like in the 50s.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

28. It's your car, you should name it without help from anybody else.

I always had private names for my cars, but nobody else ever knew them, and they were never lettered anywhere on the car.