Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration HELP: I need a 40 Ford P/U line drawing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vtwinsideways, Feb 19, 2009.

1. I am making a birthday cake for my father-in-laws birthday party tomorrow and I need a profile (side) shot of a 40 ford P/U, preferrably a line drawing like from a diagram or blueprint. I've been Googling for 3 hours and can't find what I need. Can anybody help me? Thanks Luke

2. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

is this what you wanted?

[​IMG]

3. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

4. THANKS Guys! Those are absolutely perfect! One for the lines and one for the detail. I can always depend on HAMBers! The cakes are in the oven now. I'll post pics when I get done with them. Thanks again! Luke

5. Finished the cake. It was made to look like a truck my father-in-law's father had. When the FIL was 15 or 16 his Dad sold the truck and it took him nearly 40 years to get it back. He finally bought it back about 5 years ago. He would like to make sure that everyone knows that it did not, and still doesn't have fenderskirts, nor will it while he owns it. HA HA! I was just being lazy when I made the cake, as I only had one cake pan for the wheels, and I didn't want to make another cake so I just cut the one cake in half to get two wheels. The "paint" scheme is from when his father was towing around a stock car to races back in the day and the car and truck matched. Thanks again fellas. Luke

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  6. OLLIN

OLLIN

Haha. Thats awesome.

7. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

Cool looking cake , I hope it tastes as good as it looks

8. weldtoride

weldtoride

Great cake, and great story on getting the truck back.