Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help!! I Need 1934 Ford Paint Ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saliden, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Saliden

Saliden
    from Wa

R

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  2. henry29

henry29

Don't change the wheels.

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you did an intro, I'd be in awe.

Instead of "looking for new ideas", (street rod) how 'bout some old ones? (hot rod)

Original grill and hood. That would go a long way to help keep folks from thinking it's a glass car.

No 17" and 18" wheels. Tan top.

And if you wanna go two-tone, black fenders and color on the body.

4. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

The car looks bitchin' to me as it is, but you could always put on some nice pin striping to accent the body lines.

5. Weasel

Weasel

Building or redoing a car to seek approval from the 'Court of Public Opinion' is not usually a good idea. You only have to please one person - yourself, so redo it the way you would like it. 17" & 18" wheels are definitely non traditional, and the fake 1933 grille with the 1934 hood sides does nothing to help your case. Maybe unchop it and paint it a period color such as deep burgundy with black fenders Washington blue or dark green with black fenders and cream painted wires. However you run the risk of dating it to the resto rod era with black painted fenders. Personally I would leave it black, And i do not think colored fenders on a black car works at all. Put cream 15" or 16" wires on it - maybe Kesleys, pinstripe it in the same color as the wheels, unchop it and put a tan top on it and reinstate the rear mounted spare wheel/tire and cover. Stock headlights in place of the commercials might be worth considering. Anyway, here are a few visuals - Cabriolets and roadster for you to contemplate and they are all painted one color. Remember, Photoshop is your friend and subtle and classy are not attention seeking or grabbing - they are for those in the know....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]