Register now to get rid of these ads!

help I got a not so good vibration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junk runner jr, Apr 27, 2006.

1. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

Sorry its off topic but I just picked up a 92 s-10 as a daily driver. Its an extended cab V6 Automatic. It has a vibration under acceleration. The vibration goes away once at a steady speed or when coasting, and breaking. Its not lowered YET, so I know its not a pinion angle issue. Since its an extended cab it should have a carrier bearing n (I have not looked yet). Would a bad bearing cause the vibration? Any other ideas what it might be.

2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

or a sloppy trans mount. the factory ones are very soft and break easy. replacement urethane ones are only $25. might as well do the carrier too. I've done 3 and they were all close to needing both.

3. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

thanks I never thought of the tranny mount

4. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

I've had similar symptoms before as a u-joint was on the way out......

5. ol'rodder

ol'rodder

I had a hanger bearing go on the driveshaft of my S-10 and it started vibrating at a certain speed and then would go away as speed increased, much like a tire imbalance. It did seem to go away or lessen under coast but I never noticed what it was doing under acceleration, a well built 350 distracted me. A hanger bearing may look and feel good but if its got some milage on it I would replace it.