Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help, how to install 47 Ford Vent window seals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 35ratbstr, Jul 9, 2011.

1. 35ratbstr

35ratbstr
    from Colorado

Thought i would ask for some help before i f__k it up.

I have some Bob Drake vent window seals for my coupe and it looks like you have to remove the stainless vent window frame to install them or do you just cut the rubber???

It seems that it would defeat the purpose to cut the rubber??

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

2. badlefihand

badlefihand

Only way I know is disassemble the whole thing .Have to loosen the rear piece of stainless inside the door,than there is a screw that attaches it to top of door,remove screw ,than remove about 6 screws around door frame that should give you enough room to manuver inside window frame and vent window out.put it on the bench and take a picture of vent mechainism than remove nut washers clamping device etc I had to weld and repair the whole thing on mine and put screws in . Remove vent window from frame.drill out rivets in seal ,install new seal in frame ,replace rivets.I cut the hole for vent mech a little larger. install vent window and check how it works on the bench. It will be tight and will not want to close.I had to trim here and there to get it working and sealing. Install the frame and vent window in the door and cut ends to fit for clearance. .Took me about two days to get the vents right. Becareful of the vent mechanism as it is usually rusty or broke already ,it has to work right. Goodluck. I should add,if your vents are working ok than I would seal glass to vent stainless frame with black silicone to prevent glass slipage,that does complicate things if glass slips.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011