Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help: How do you mount your radio for 47-53 chev truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chevy, Sep 6, 2006.

1. 53chevy

53chevy

Hey there, I'm looking to get some info on how to mount the lower portion of the radio. It's for the 53 chev p'up and I guess it would be the same for the 47- 53 trucks. I have no Idea and would love to hear how they are mounted. Are the brackets available, what did you use if you fab one up, etc. Thanks

Ken

2. Tito

Tito
    from Sacramento

Try this site:http://chevy.tocmp.com/index.htm

Lots of good stuff there.
    I have a 53 truck, but the dash looks like it was cut out with a hatchet to fit a cb in there.
    Tito

3. gasman

gasman
    from Nebraska

mine has the radio delete but it would be above the heater and out the dash at about a 45 degree angle centered 3 inches from the windsheild.

4. 28rpu

28rpu

There are 2 holes in the bottom lip of the dash that correspond with 2 threaded straps attached to the bottom of the radio. Fab up a couple of spacers to take up the gap and bolt it down. I'm getting ready to pull mine out right now because it quit working today (not the fuse). Any one know of a good repair shop for these original radios? Thanks, Nick

5. 53chevy

53chevy

Thanks fellas. Titto, Thanks man! that site is awesome.

Ken

6. This guy is good. He can do a FM stereo conversion or just upgrade your AM. http://taymanelectrical.com/

7. 28rpu

28rpu

Thanks for the link. I'll give the guy a call. Nick