Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Hotrod Frame Ques. W/airride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PRESKRYS, Feb 8, 2006.

1. PRESKRYS

PRESKRYS

Hello guys I was curious if anyone could help me on this?
    I have a 1932 Ford 2 door sedan "Don't correct me ya damn oldies:)"
    Anyways it is chopped and ready to be placed on the frame I built. heres my question though.

I have a custom frame I have made already with a massive kick up and 4link and shocks etc. with rear bags mounted.

Thats the easy part and now I want to do the front. However I don't want the easy mustang ll setup with bags. or even the stock 32 cross member with bags.

I want a that real sweet nostalgic look with the spring perch and 4" drop axle while running split wishbones or so on?

Now as of now the frame is also kicked up in the front as well as the back and the I reversed the spring perch as well. along with the 4" drop axle she is very low in front.
    However I lay frame in the back and want to be even lower in the front.

(The Point) Is there anyway I can bag the front using the style I want mentioned above?

I have already motofied my Flathead oil pan and tranny pan for even more clearence.
    Thanks for any help.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

2. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

CenPen has the traditional Air kit...

[​IMG]

3. ckdesigns

ckdesigns
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ogden,Utah

Search threads started by Dodgerodder he has something like that.

4. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

I did exactly that with my a-sedan. Its bagged front & rear, and I used the CenPen crossmember shown above.

It worked great, but needed some revisions to make it do what I wanted. I also wanted my frame to lay out, plus I'm running a tall 6.00/16 & 7.50/16 tire combo, which doesn't help.

I originally was gonna run mine spring-over-axle style like the pic in the ad shows. But with my tire/wheel combo, it would even come close to laying out,the front frame rails would have needed a 12" z, which wasn't happening.

So I designed my frame to run the axle suicide instead, and it worked out fine. I still needed a 7" z in the front rails though to make it lay out, and a 19" rear kick. Front ride height is about 5" off the ground.

If you wanted to do this with your frame, you really woulda been better off to plan the frame around this knowing what you would need to made it work. Depending upon your front tire choice, you may not have enough z to lay it any lower then it does with a fixed spring setup. But depending on what you have, you still could make it work out.

And of course, laying the frame requires that nothing will ststick below the rails at all, so you may have to change up some things to keep it all safe, but its certainly do-able

Heres a few pics of mine in various stages that'll give you an idea though to get you started, if you have any questions let me know. I searched everywhere possible for info on this before I started my frame, and I found nothing at all that anybody had done for info. So I just decided to do it and make it work out. The only front bag setups I could find on fenderless cars were MII setups or other ungodly looking "creations". Maybe post up some of your frame pics, it would help to see what you are working with too.

Dan

Attached Files:

5. PRESKRYS

PRESKRYS

Well my god, Dan!!!!
    What breath of fresh air.
    I appreciate so much your help and advice, it is so great that you are willing to share in something so unique to what you have done.

I have learned almost everything on my own and doing so has led to some serious foul ups.:-(

However like everything in life I just take them as learning events and get better each time.

Having your input will help me with my project and I will indeed take you up on your offer of help, Thanks so much.

P.S.
    I think you may just be reading my dreams? As your setup is almost exactly how I imagined it.
    Or maybe I am reading yours? Anyway your the one who has dine thus far so well done.......Seriously WELL DONE.

6. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Thanks for the nice words PRES, I appreciate. I usually learn everything the hard way myself, but it makes the next go-around a little less painful:eek:

If you run into any questions, let me know. I'll be glad to help out if I can. Good luck on your project Dan