Register now to get rid of these ads!

help! having small electrical issues

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by dave graham, Jul 12, 2017.

1. dave graham

dave graham

1948 chevy pickup with new SBC engine and new autowire wiring harness. All is working fine except for the starter is giving me occasional problems. The crate motor was a turn key complete with starter , alternator, carb, etc. ( I believe the alt. and starter are reman junk) Replaced the alternator from the get, defective. I replaced the battery because every once in a while I'd get 1 loud click when turned key. Jump start the battery and motor would start. It worked fine for a while then the same problem occurred, 1 loud click. The battery is still under floor. Replaced the battery cables. Ran negative cable to the frame and then another cable from frame to engine block ( same route as they ran back in 48) Still get 1 click , however, attach a battery power pak or battery charger in start mode and engine starts right up. Alternator charging at a little over 14 volts. what next? Replace starter solenoid?
    Please help

2. OH DAVE,,,Did you read the rules for the HAMB???? This page is for telling us who you are and a little personal information..The main message board is where you ask questions...Do your intro and come back...

3. What he said main message board.. Good luck.. And Welcome.