Register now to get rid of these ads!

help get AV8PAUL'S roadster home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by general gow, Feb 21, 2011.

1. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

so, a couple friends of Paul's, who are not on the HAMB, are going to be bringing Paul's car home in time for his memorial service on the 5th. Bruce lives in arizona where the car is now, and Paul was staying with him at the time. Ed is everyone's favorite barber, and a friend of Paul's since just after high school. anyway, i have been working with them on a route home, and would love to help them get some good old fashioned HAMB hospitality on the way. the trip comes as a great surprise, and neither of them really have a 'road trip fund' to dip into.

so, they are leaning towards a route like this:

north out of fountain hills, az to i40. i40 east to i81 near knoxville, tn. north on i81 to i84 in scranton, and on to i90 in MA to home.

if there is anyone out there who knew Paul and lives along this route, and can offer the guys a place to stay, or a safe place to leave the roadster and trailer, or cook 'em a nice meal, speak up now, and PM me your contact info so they can get in touch with you and plan the trip a little better.

i'd be on this trip myself if i could. so i am just trying to help out a bit since that isn't really an option.

you guys and girls are the best. let's see what we can do to honor Paul.

2. NoSurf

NoSurf

If their route takes them along I-70 through Kansas, they have a place to stay in Abilene.

3. I'm not on that route, but I would be glad to recycle some HAMB $$ I got for my Stromberg 97s yesterday. PayPal?

4. And kansas city as well. But they are going way south of us.

If you route them this way instead they have to stops about a day apart.

One with nosurf and one with the beaner. The accommodations won't be as nice with the beaner, but the food is good.

5. turdytoo

turdytoo

My place would be about 20 miles of interstate out of the way mid-Arkansas. Nothing fancy but they are welcome.

6. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

i cant help as i live a couple miles from Pauls house,but i would like to thank his freinds for doing such a standup thing for him,also the members here that will help out.i never thought Paul had so many freind in so many areas,i just know the many that he had in our corner of the world.thanks guys!!

7. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

yeah. paul has a LOT of friends.

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Can I help somehow? Gas money donation?

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah if they are coming through the Southeast I can supply a good meal for them and some gas money.

10. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

If weather makes them run a more southern route they have all they need here in Clinton, SC.

11. is there a way to start a temporary credit or gas card that we could donate to

12. djlifter

djlifter
    from oklahoma

I am in Tulsa ok ...just a little off i40. Call if I can help. Danny Johnson 918-629-5080

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I'd also donate for gas money.
    Omaha is definitely off their route, otherwise I'd offer up a meal and place to stay.

Malcolm

14. You'll are very good friends....I'm in Seattle, so no helo there, But I could give a few bucks to a gas fund if that gets figured out.

15. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i could give you guys my paypal acct if you are comfortable with that, and just give the money to the guys before they go. not sure how else to do it.

16. PM me the info, and $$ will be sent

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Also if they can get the car to Charlotte I can get the car to Detroit this weekend and then perhaps someone can take it from there. Just a thought but I think the paypal info would be a good place to start.

18. pumpman

pumpman

I'm not on their route (I think?) but sure would like to kick in a couple of bucks for the gas & food. Send me account info please , thanks.

19. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Along with the folks on I-70 in Kansas, I'm on I-70 in Utah. I had made the invitation to Paul and will obviously extend it here. Wayno

20. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Mark, let me know if you need anything done around these parts!

21. Junk Hunter

Junk Hunter
    from The Ozarks

If they decide to run the route from I-40 to I-44 to I-70, they have a meal and full tank of gas waiting for them in Springfield, MO. -JH

22. yblock292

yblock292

Here to.

23. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Let me know the acct and I'll chip in to help! Rocky

24. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I can take care of them in St. Louis.

25. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

okay fellas. if you trust me to move money from my paypal into the hands of the guys before they leave for their trip, i am happy to be the go between.

paypal to: [email protected]

click on the 'personal' option and i am pretty sure paypal waives their fee, so more will go to the guys.

thank you so much for your willingness to help.

for all those on the route, i will pass your contact info on to the guys making the trip, and i will try to get their contact info to as many of you as i can.

@jeffrey james: ed and bruce will be towing paul's car back in paul's trailer with his s10. the whole rig is there in AZ, so they'll just be towing it on home.

26. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

As a reminder to those that may be sending $$ via PayPal to General Gow (Mark), if you mark the transaction as a "Gift", there won't be any fees taken out.

****EDIT**** Looks like we were posting at the same time :)

27. CruZer

CruZer

$$$sent. thanks for doing this Mark !!! You're one of the HAMB good guys.
    Glenn