Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Help from paint guy. Piss yellow??

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Grm5959, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Just adjust the color on you tv screen until it looks right

Johnny Gee likes this.
  2. Remember this? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JimSibley

JimSibley

IMG_0942.JPG I just did this clone for a local guy. We had the franklin mint toy matched with a color gun. I can get the code in the mourning if you like.

4. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Don't forget to add In a little puke green before you take it in to get it matched

Sent from my 9024W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. TERPU

TERPU

Nah, pretty sure he says "Tony Danza Yellow"

6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Saw him fairly recently, could get a hold of him. But if you're trying to match a color already on the car probably not the best way to go.

7. cavman

cavman

It has been said this matched really well in 1980 to the original. Nearly 40 years later it doesn't. It was painted a Volkswagen color, in Dupont Centari 002 (2).JPG

8. Grm5959

Grm5959

I did. Been away without service for a few days. Will try him. I saw on another forum they're not really willing to discuss the color they used. May not be true so I'll still give it a try.
    Thanks

9. Take a pict of the car to the paint store, they will match it for you, from scan to paint code in one step.

10. pnevells

pnevells

corvette yellow hilltown-1.jpg closeup1.jpg

11. Gman0046

Gman0046

In order to come up with a correct Piss Yellow color. Make sure your using fresh piss.

12. Grumpyj

Grumpyj
    from Neenah, WI

I like the bright yellow, because I’m a big fan of both Miller’s coupe and project x. I decided to do my nova as close as I could to that color. I used ‘73 Corvette competition yellow DuPont centari and It looked dead on to me.

13. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

14. canning

canning

John Deere yellow equipment enamel...

15. dan c

dan c

i think it was whatever paint the builder--a shadetree mechanic, no doubt--had on hand. ya know the film company couldn't sell the deuce when they were done with it! Scan0010.jpg

16. redroaddog

redroaddog

I think the Corvette color from 70-74 is the right one. yellow fades fast if it see's alot of sun so now matter what it won't match a old paint job

K13 likes this.
  17. As redroaddog said if you are trying to match it to a car that is already painted the only way you are going to get a match is if you find someone who can mix colour by eye. Paint fades, yellows especially, and if it is an old colour many of the toners are no longer available so some colours couldn't be matched even if you had a paint formula.

18. mike bowling

mike bowling

You should look for piss "yaller" ,might be a Southern color? ( no offense to my boys down South, my family's from Virginia)

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

czuch likes this.
  19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER

My alter ego (as seen in my avatar) always laughs at the extremes some go to get the "right" color on things. The right color for a Milner clone is any bright yellow that YOU like. Vette, school bus, Freightliner, county salt truck, YOU pick. I've never seen a show judge or casual observer pullout a spectrometer (?) to "check" a color, EVER. I can name 2-3 production dark blues that hit dead-on-balls to Packard Blue. The simple fact is that the majority of even the most dedicated enthusiasts will never know if it's "right" in that little world the color detective boxes themselves in to. There's hundreds of tasks needed to build a car and sometimes the energy exhuasted on such things is better focused elsewhere. Which black? Which blue? Which white? And of course which yellow. The one you like. Next...?

20. v8flat44

v8flat44

Check out 58 Vette panama yellow. Had one w white coves..even Ford guys loved that color. m

21. I don't imagine that a lot of science went into choosing those yellows. As already mentioned, the easiest & most common yellow was the 'Vette yellow followed by the VW yellow because that's what everyone saw back then: "Paint it Corvette yellow or Corvette blue" etc, etc.

22. philo426

philo426

How about Pontiac Sunstorm yellow?

23. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you guys are missing something here? If memory serves it was a cross between piss yellow and puke green...
    Right? Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

Try researching an early '70s Mopar color ..."Taxi Yellow"...WAY brighter than Corvette yellow ....I seem to remember a paint code of "A7"....But the last time I used it was in about '79ish ....It was the brightest yellow we could find at the time ....IIRC the mix was almost all yellow toner .......:-0

25. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Exactly, and if it is that yellow, you might need a couple bags of IV saline.

26. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am color deficient, so yellow is yellow...
    but I do have an extra pair of black primed, Greek teared, ARROW headlights…
    they are the lights on the milner coupe. interests ?