Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help for shipping???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motorguy, May 25, 2013.

1. motorguy

motorguy
    from canada

If someone could help please let me know!!!
    I want to buy a 1948 front fender from EVENVILLE 47712 but I live in CANADA...
    I could pick up this one at the border at
    FREEPORT FORWARDING CHAMPLAIN NY 12919
    What is the best shipping for this big fender?
    Thank you,motorguy

2. evintho

evintho

Depends what you mean by 'the best'. The cheapest would probably be Greyhound. http://www.shipgreyhound.com/

The safest and exponentially more expensive would probably be FedEx or UPS.

3. Dirtydog

Dirtydog
    from California

If you use UPS make a box that hugs the fender, because and inch or two bigger can add a lot of money to the cost.

4. If you ship it by Fastenal code pl3, it will be cheap. I do not know if they ship to Canada, but it would be a hell-of-a-lot cheaper to crossover for your pickup.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, the big dog is the least expensive by far. They aren't as spendy for a couple of extra inches as long as the package fits in their size limits either. The fender I sent to a young Hamber in Arizona cost less than 50.00 to ship when it was all said and done. That was the front fender off a 54 Chevy pickup.

7. I thought people were insae when they used to say Greyhound, till I used them. Ive had better results with GH, than any other transport or big name shipper, BAR NONE. Plus the cost blows them all out of the water.

8. stavros7a

stavros7a
    from Ca

Greyhound.
    Ship to a bus depot near the border and go pick it up. I've used Greyhound several times with no problems and they were alot cheaper than anyone else. I live in Toronto and drive to the Buffalo depot to pick up large items several times a year.

9. henry29

henry29

I have shipped fenders with greyhound before with no problems.

They closed the greyhound station here in Evansville, but they still have a stop.
    Not sure if you can still ship from here or not.

10. metalix_421

metalix_421

usps you can have it wrapped in pastic and tape and ship it out, no need for a box unless its a fender that doesnt need any work

11. henry29

henry29