Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help fixing 64 riv's brakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shiva69, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Shiva69

Shiva69

i need help fixing the brakes on the 64 riv. there isn't any pop back with the pedal and i checked the brake fluid level and it seems to be full. The diaphram on the inside of the cover was pulled in.

please give me some help here so i can drive it a bit.

And thanks for the advice for starting her up. She started beautifully once we finally got gas to the carb. She has new gas now and usually starts the first time. and she sounds great minus a miss on the passenger side. I'll pull the plugs as soon as i get her in her storage garage.
    Thanks
    Garth

2. mrrocket

mrrocket

need more info man....doesi t have pressure? Is the boot "distorted", have you bled the system? Give us more info!!!!

3. Pop back? New term to me.
    Stays on the floor when depressed or what?
    Any resistance when depressed?

4. Shiva69

Shiva69

The system hasn't been bled. It was used this past april and the brakes were ok then.

There is resistance when the pedal gets pushed to the floor but it dosen't return by itself one needs to pull it off the floor with ones toe.

I might need to edit my response because i forgot to answer something

Garth

5. Shiva69

Shiva69

bump?
    please?
    help?
    Me?

6. Kustm52

Kustm52

Could be the booster....or just crud in the m/c. I have a '64 LeSabre wagon that was the same way...after a few days of driving it cleared up. Just remember to have your other toe hooked under the pedal when braking...or it will suprise you! I think it would work itself out...if not pull the m/c and check it.

I've got several '63 - '64 RIvs if you need any parts...

Brian

7. Shiva69

Shiva69

Alright i'll go see if moving around will take care of it.

I'll mark you down as having parts. I still need to do a full inventory of what the guy has. But right now i am working soo much...(makes me glad the guys a good friend)

Thanks
    Garth

8. Kustm52

Kustm52

It was worth replying but it was worth it just to see the girl on the left there....

Brian

9. Shiva69

Shiva69

lol... thats why i like posting...

[​IMG]
    Garth