Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help finding a paint color and code.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ayers Garage, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I'm getting to the point of painting my old truck and I am trying to find a color code to use. I want a soft pea green color from an OEM application so I can hopefully get matching paint down the road if needed.

Any ideas ?

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Sometimes you can find exactly what you need by looking at fleet color chips. Dupont has Spectramaster chips that are available in solid colors and metallics. Every Dupont jobber should have one of each. I'm sure other manufacturers have something similar, but I'm only familiar with Dupont. Stu

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

4. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

Thanks for the input fellas.

5. Terry

Terry

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

What I have done in the past ( before I got hung up on making all my pre WWII vehicle projects Black with Red wheels ) is go to a new car dealership or used car lot and find a color I LIKE. I then got the paint code off the vehicle. I have found that a lot of paint color chips are not as accurate as I would hope them to be. Add in that you look at them inside ... not in natural daylight ... and sometimes the color or the chip does not end up looking like what is actually on a finished vehicle.

:(

7. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

I have always liked the 55 Chevy Sea Foam Green........

8. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

Try--WWW,TCPGLOBAL.COM/COLORLIBRARY -- I find these guys useful for anything from 1910's and up

9. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I have found one that I like by looking here and the TCP library. I want to think about it a week or so before I order the paint. I didn't bother looking at car lots because I haven't seen a color close to what I want in awhile. Seems everything nowadays is full of metallic. I want a straight color without any metallic. I'm really leaning toward 57 Chevy Surf Blue right now.