Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help Finding a Car Club in the Port Charlotte Florida area.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Sweet, May 4, 2013.

1. I'm reaching out for some help for a friend of mine. He's an old Hot Rodder Drag racer from the late fifty's into the Sixty's. Today he's in his seventy's and has a T Bucket that he runs on the street and a 55 Chevy Gasser that I'm building for him. Jack is originally from Massachusetts and retired and moved to Florida five or so years ago. He lives in Port Charlotte and is looking for other Hot Rod guys or a club he could join "if they would have him".
    Back when he was eighteen years old he built a 55 Chevy Gasser with the teeter totter ford straight Axel front end and raced it at Sanford Maine. He later drove an A/ altered and then a AA/FD. He ran against "Big" at mile high sometime in 63 or 64. He was a Marine and did two tours in hell without getting badly wounded and when he returned home he lost his right leg in an industrial accident. When they tried to put him on disability he told them to go screw themselves. He worked the next thirty years with one leg and in the 1970's even drove hydroplanes. When they were building the "Big Dig" in Boston he worked eleven years operating a crane 340 feet in the air. With one leg he climbed the 340 steps pulling himself up every day with a bucket with his lunch in it and for when mother nature calls. It didn't matter if it was 90 degrees of 10 degrees he pulled himself up every day. At sixty years old he gets MS but this tough old bugger never gave up. So today he's retired living in Port Charlotte. The only reason I wrote the short synopsis is because he's an old guy with a lifetime of experiences and a "true car guy" plus a perfect gentlemen that some of you guy's might like to meet; and who know you might even like him as much as his old friends do. He isn't into computers and because of the MS he shakes to much to type on a key board. He would be on the HAMB if he could be so any help would be appreciated. I don't want you to think that he's totally disabled; he may shake a bit and hobbles around on his crutches with one leg but he gets in his T Bucket and puts his one leg into that LS-1 (not HAMB friendly) engine every chance he gets.
    Johnny Sweet

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Have him call the Muscle Car Museum in Punta Gorda, they will have contact info on the clubs in that area. There is at least on major club, they host a show at Gilcrest Park every Spring, but the area is very old car oriented with lots of clubs, from what I understand.

Good luck.

Don

http://musclecarcity.net/

3. 59 brook

59 brook

flacarshows.com has a listing , the downshifters of Brooklyn is one club I know of from the west coast