Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP!! broken down oky city

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gear jammer, Jun 26, 2009.

1. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

Im at the junction of morgan rd and I-40 in oklahoma city, got my bus, trailer and hotrod in tow, bus has a problem, working on a solution now, Thanks

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Do you need help? If so let us know. I've got one HAMB guy in OKC, OK that might be able to assist. I'll PM you his info.

Roothawg is in Mustang and that isn't too far from you. I'll PM you his contact as well.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  3. That's close to Mustang, just up the road.

4. Morgan road takes you into Mustang, maybe 5-7 miles.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

More options, Ponchoman is in OKC as well. His PM is on its way to you as another source for help.

6. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

im at the flying j, the exhaust clamp broke off the turbo, and burnt up a bunch of stuff, lucky it didnt burn the bus down

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Are you reading your PM's?

8. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

ok got it thanks, ive been under this thing to figure out what to do, burnt up the throttle cable, just got off the phone with a guy that can make me one, its 415" long, the problem is getting it out of there, ill let you all know whats up, thanks

9. squirrel

squirrel

Always an adventure Steve! In the unlikely event that I can help from this end, give me a call

10. Hey there! We be up I-35 north of ya about 40 miles. If we can bring something or help out just let us know.

11. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

thanks I think im under control

12. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

There is a Perfection Truck Equipment on Reno Avenue is OKC close to you that can make up about any kind of throttle cable/actuator/etc for you. They have bulk length housings, cables, ends, linkages, etc. Nice guys.
    Here is info from their web site:

<TABLE class=left-table border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" class=main_text vAlign=center colSpan=3 align=left>Toll Free: 800-888-7326
    In OK: 405-947-6603
    Fax: 405-948-1859
    Email: [email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Perfection Equipment staff are ready to assist you. Our normal hours of operation are from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM (CST) Monday-Friday and 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Saturday.

Toll Free: 800-888-7326
    In OK: 405-947-6603
    Fax: 405-948-1859
    Email: [email protected]

5100 W. Reno Ave.
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73127-6316
    <TABLE class=left-table border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#434e6f height=40 colSpan=3 align=middle><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center width="10%" align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=cheading width="90%" align=left>HEADQUARTERS</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" class=main_text vAlign=center colSpan=3 align=left>5100 W. Reno Ave. -- View Map
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73127-6316 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I think it is supposed to hit 104 in OKC today...drink plenty of water.

13. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

thanks just had them make me a cable, although i got the orig one freed up, well almost free, its hot here and the cable is a pain to get out, ill have to lift the pedal to slow down for now. cooked an air line and locked the rear spring brakes , I had enough air to get it parked in the flying j lot by about 2 seconds before the brakes locked, got that fixed, picked up a new turbo exhaust clamp from turbo-deisel down the street, maybe ill be home tomorrow, haha hey jim, your just lucky to be missing all this fun, Ill take the pic's for you

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

You got it? I am home now. I didn't see this til just now.

15. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

I think im all set, well i got to drive the 32 around okc looking for parts in 100 degree heat,

16. squirrel

squirrel

good timing, getting that fan working on it last winter

17. If yo u need anything else, I'm about 20 minutes from that Flying J, on the other side of the city.

18. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

thx patrick! hey jim, you know I always said that car didnt need a fan, but doing nothing more than putting the fan on it eliminated the detonation problem it always had, it was always bad in the heat, with 91 octane in it now today it wouldnt rattle at all. I matched up the throw on the modulator cable before i buttoned up things today, at 1/2 throttle it wasnt even into the end of the slot on the modulator cable end, I couldnt get the cable to budge so i left it, seems okay, trans temp is way down, and im running no more than 190 degrees. im good thanks steve