Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP Big block olds in a 1950 olds 88

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cool50, Dec 12, 2008.

1. cool50

cool50
    from usa

Can anyone tell me if this motor mount "bar" is stock or someones attempt to do something? :confused:Can I use this somehow? Is it missing something or am I just not seeing it? Thanks :eek:

Attached Files:

2. 53choptop

53choptop

From what I remember in my 53 olds with a 303 that is not stock crossmember, unless it was an aftermarket piece from back then, but the 303 mounts bolted the front of the engine to the center of the frame. So was there a big block in the car?

3. 53choptop

53choptop

If you look under the fly wheel you can see the mount, looks like an L-bracket.

Attached Files:

4. cool50

cool50
    from usa

I think the guy that gave me this car, yes I was given the car "lots of work needed", was planing on putting a big block in it. But what he told me the car was apart when he got it in 1980 so I don't know what happen to the car. There is some evidence of some kind of motor swap, holes cut in the frame for exhust, hole in floor for shifter. Thanks for the reply

5. No, that bar is not original to the frame. Two of the holes near the center of the crossmember are the original motor mount attach points; can't remember whether front or rear pair. See the engine pic. in 53ChopTop's post, the mount is the "L" shaped part at the bottom of the timing cover.