Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP!-anyone with knowledge about a ford 9 in.-please read..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fleetmaster, Sep 15, 2004.

1. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

hey, this is kind of call for help. my bro and i are having some serious problems with the 9 in out of a 58 t-bird we are trying to put in my 47 chevy. we had dutchman make new axels but now the register diameter for the drum brake kit we had planned to order is off. my bro called currie, they said that wasnt a problem, but the brake spacing was. all parts books skip over that year too. so, anyone who has had a similar problem, what have you done? or does anyone have some 58 t-bird brake parts they are willing to sell? for full details check out salcheeza's post entitiled 58 t-bird brake question ( or something like that)-its pretty recent. any help would be greatly appreciated. and if you don't have an idea-do you maybe have the number or name of someone who does?-thanks!-fleet

2. I just sent this to your Bro.

Try this place. They deal in T-Bird only. They are in Portland Ore. Bird Nest 503-231-6669 or on line at www.tbirdparts.com They have helped me out many times.
    The Wizzard

3. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

thanks a lot for the help. that is great. i checked out the site and didn't see anything right away, but i will give them a call tommorow. i appreciate the info.!

4. mikeyboy

mikeyboy

Guess I don't understanbd the question, as in what you are looking for, however, NAPA lists most of the brake parts for this application...also shoe size w/c diamater, etc...
    hope this helps

5. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

hey, well-we tried napa and all their books just skip over that year. it seems all parts books skip 57-59. i am not really good at explaining the question sorry. but my bro has a really detailed post on it under the title 58 t-bird brake question. his name on here is salcheeza. well, thanks for the attempt-fleet