Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help?advice installing gas pedal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goatdave, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Goatdave

Goatdave

I bought this old drum pedal and was thinking about using it on my 32 roadster as my gas pedal. Anyone do this and have some pointers to share? I'll anchor the heel to the floor, then attach to a bent rod of some sort - foot pushes down so it pulls up? Any easy way to do this? I don't have a welder. I thought about maybe using a 60s car or truck gas pedal assembly.

I am running a sboc with tri power. Tranny hump is in the way but I shold have room to notch it.

Any advice would be appreciated. I never built a car and I am winging it solo.

Attached Files:

2. Willy301

Willy301

If I may offer a suggestion, consider looking at Jegs, they have a universal gas pedal that can be used in just about anything. I am not suggesting you buy it, but suggesting you look at the design, and either modify your pedal to be similar in function. This different design will help when you try to hook up the throttle cable. You might need to pay to have a small amount of alum welding done, but I think you will be happier in the end. I bought one for an O/T project, and it corrected a lot of issues I had, and I was originally using a pedal out of an existing automobile for it...

3. Vergil

Vergil

Using one in a '31 and one in a '30

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Now that's just cool!:cool:

5. I am actually using a cable setup with mine. Not likely you will find on like it, I happened onto the extra brake peddle out of a '54 driver's ed car. It is cable operated.

The peddle out of about any early '60s car or stuck should be a good starting place I would thnk. A Chevy C-10 for instance was a sort of a hanging down thing and the plastic peddle pad screwed to the floor and rested on the rod.