Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help / 40 Deluxe coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nomobux, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Found an old 40 coupe rod / unpaid storage / last tagged in '64. We found a old Oly beer cap and church key under the seat. The plan is to keep the patina. One front glass os so far gone ya can't see out. We need one piece that can be fogged on the edges etc to match the rest. The headliner was hand painted white and hard as a rock, if ya can believe that (kool). Shit, I've lived here since 66 and have never seen or heard of this car and it's a small town. Thought I'd post here as well as the classifieds. Can anyone help out. thanx .. PM or email [email protected] you wouldn't believe what this went for. You don't even want to know

2. I wanna know!!!

The Oly beer cap from that time period isn't worth as much as a 4 dot lable would have been. It would be worth even more with some young ladies name on it.:D:D:D

Drop us a pic or two of that bugger friend.

3. Sheet, I didn't think anyone would 'member Oly 4 dots. I've got one inna scrap book. Went thru a shitload of Oly in the 60s lookin for the damn things. Don't remember that they did me any good.

4. Ya remember the column drop on the 49/50 Fords were perfect for poppin beer caps too

5. I still got one signed by the wife. I had a bunch of 'em when we met but she cleaned my wallet out. I don't recall them doing me anygood either, although I still call in my remaining 4 dot on occaision.:D

I still got an OLY church key in my tool box at the old man's place. it traveled all over with me to exotic places that Uncle Sam sent me etc.

Hey can you still buy Blitz in the NW?

6. Used to drink alot of Blitz and when I'd go down to Eugene Oregon to see my folks, you could still find it in tall cans, but it didn't seem as good as the old days. Always drank the stubbies. Matter of fact the only trophy I've kept is a desert bike race, one that has a Blitz can on top from a high desert race outside of Bend. ahh the memories

7. Forgot to memtion, back in those days a six pack of stubs could be had for 99 cents

8. bump

9. sawzall

sawzall

Lloyd..

I think I have just what you need.. I believe I still have the stock windshield from my 40.. and now that I am chopped 2 inches.. i shouldn need it..

let me see what kinda shape its in.. if its still whole.. its yours

PS.. next time I am at pullyulp.. I want a ride..

jeff

10. Thanx Jeff .. Keep it comin boys. It'd be a pisser to put new glass in this baby !!

11. Sawzall has the glass. This site ROCKS !! Thanx guys

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Just cuz you found the glass doesn't let you off the hook for posting pictures. WE WANT PICTURES!!!!! It would also be sweet to have a picture (or twenty) of where it was stored. You did record the history didn't you?

Frank

13. I'll try and get some pics and have someone post them in the next few. I can't with this thing. As far as history, so far we haven't found anyone who knows of the car and the guy who had it stored is dead or long gone. Tried a trace thru DMV, etc and nothin. A real mystery car so far. There are a few old Muckraker car club members still around from the 50s. Gonna ask them, if I can find them.