Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help - 331/354/392 to GM TH350 adapter help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30dodgeboy, Jan 15, 2012.

1. I have offerred accurate early hemi tech help to others here, and now I am the one needing some help.

Looking for some help on adapting an early hemi to a TH350 trans. The problem is that this is going into a really super tight spot and I am very concerned about starter clearance.

If anyone has one of these adapters and could provide a tracing of it, I would really appreciate it. I really don't want to purchase one just to find out that the starter will not fit. PM me for my contact information.

Thanks in advance.

2. Bleechh.......Really? You and a TH?

Well....BTT

3. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

I used a Hot Heads adapter for a TH 350 on my 331. You can get the starter on either side. With the oil filter adapter on the right, I put a mini starter on the drivers side, it clears the stock steering box in my '36 Dodge. This is a very narrow frame on my '36 also, everything fit great, never touched it with a torch the entire build. Can't trace it for you though, it's all installed.

4. Not for my car, you know a TF is my preference for an auto trans:D

5. Thanks for the info, but I think a tracing is the best route.