Register now to get rid of these ads!

help 1959 chevy vin tag locations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merc-o-madness, Mar 8, 2008.

1. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

im wondering if these cars have a number on the frame cause i cant read the numbers on the tag in the door jamb thanks

2. Swifster

Swifster

The serial number on the door will only be 10 digits like this;

D59F001023

This would be a V8 Bel Air or highline wagon.

Much of this information is also stamped on the Body Number Plate under the hood. Post up what you can see of the serial number and the numbers off the body plate.

3. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

all i can see is the first one is F and the last digit is G or a 6
    its an impala 2 door hard top the paint is really really thick on it, and i dont want to sand it exactly yet

4. Swifster

Swifster

And the tag under the hood..... ?

F = Impala/Nomad wagon (8 cyl)
    59 = Year
    ? = Assembly Plant
    Last 6 = Sequential Build Number

The sequential build and the type of Impala (body style) are on the body tag. Most of these older cars don't have a hidden VIN/Serial Number, and if they do, it's only the last 6 digits. You'll need to get out the sand paper for that forth digit (assembly plant). The Style No. on the body tag should be;

59 1837 (this will equal the 'F' in the VIN).

5. WQ59B

WQ59B

My '59 Buick did NOT have a VIN on the frame or anywhere else other than the door jamb (I took every 2 pieces together, apart).

Last 6 digits are the sequential production umber for Chevy's at that plant... so the last digit is a 6, not a G.