Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Helmet Info Please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junk4cash, Jun 28, 2015.

1. junk4cash

junk4cash

Anyone have any info on this helmet? I've seen a few online but haven't found any info as far as year, makers....value...This is the first one I've had. Very cool piece. Thanx!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. aaggie

aaggie

Looks like catalog item from a '70s Chopper magazine. Similar stuff at flea markets go for $25. If there is not a DOT approved sticker somewhere it becomes wall art.
    Bell had a great ad in the same time frame that said" If you have a $10 head then buy a $10 helmet".

metlmunchr and Texas Webb like this.
  3. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Dam, I had one back in '73 - also had a steel one - back in my HD chopper days.

4. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Saw one just like that at Pate swap meet this year, except it had a peace sign instead of Maltese cross. Same colors and all, about 70$ or so if I remember correctly.

5. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I am thinkin that is a DOT approved helmet . I have several old Buco's that are way less padded and they were DOT approved . Rules have changed from the past when these were made . Changes are if you go down bustin your melon is the least of your problems . I still wear a helmet to ride , I was rear ended and broken two vertebrate , helmet didn't do much for that , but I still wear my brain bucket !

6. Clevername

Clevername

Better than nothing on your head. DOT or not, it would need to be rebuild it with new foam and strap to make it anything more than a show piece.

Kelvin

7. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

I've seen these sell for a shit ton of money on the ebays. 300 plus, depending on the day and if you get two people going at it.

8. Truckedup

Truckedup

Doesn't matter if it has a DOT sticker, the shock absorbing liner deteriorates with age. I race bikes and a helmet is for head protection not looking cool :D

9. That's cool as hell! I collect helmets and the chrome rim is like an Arthur Fulmer's.
    I saw a junked up one go on EBay for 200.00.

10. Muttley

Muttley

I'd like to know which flea market you shop at if those are floating around for $25.