Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hellooo, is there anybody in there?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jakedreamer, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Jakedreamer

Jakedreamer

Pardon the title, it was just a song i was listening to when I was writing this.

I want to start off just introducing myself and then I will ask for a little guidance. You dont have to say anything on it if you don't want to, but it would be appreciated; esspecially if you have gone through the same situation.

Hello, my name is Jake I am 18 going on 19 in September. I live in a decent sized city in the decent state of Michigan called Grand Rapids, its ok here. There are car gatherings every so often and you can see them cruising or dragg'n in certain areas. My love for cars has been passed to me from my dad. As a kid we used to go to a local hot dog joint where a whole lot of about 20-30 cars would show up every friday night. I slowly grew to love them. But the truth is that it started before that with my dads cars including such cars as mustangs, grand national, camaro, t-bird....just to name a few. But i personally have always been most fond of the '50s era. I absolutley just love the lines, i love the feeling i get of what it is possible to make them into. The bug has bitten me and has been floating in my stomach and wants out.....in other words I want one of my own now.

Now for the suck part of the post.....I currently have a girlfreind(that doesn't suck it is what she does) that doesn't want me to own a older car. She wants me to buy a p.o.s and drive that. I told her many times that many old cars start as a p.o.s and get turned into something beautiful. She still is stubburn, she really want me to get something like a cavalier.........(shivers). Can someone please help?
    Thank you,
    I look forward to learning from you all.

2. Try a HHR or PT Cruiser. They look old but are new..:D
    Horrors:eek:.
    Has she been to a car show and seen a really nice custom or rod?
    That's really tough when your lady's dragging your car passion down:(.
    It's a part of who you are.

3. Welcome from Central Valley Ca. just west of Yosemite
    I happen to like our PT Cruiser...
    I went through 2 wives before I met no. 3 who loves cars as much as I do,
    I'm not saying anything but...
    You need to think of her, but you can't ignore your own desires either.
    Does she need to like everything that you do, there must be things she likes that don't interest you. Maybe you can have the driver she likes and still find room for a hot rod in your life.
    You are still young lots of time ahead of you for all the passions you have, right now you need to decide which you want now.
    Remember there are lots of ladies that like old cars and young guys...
    Just one opinion from old fool...

4. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

Umm your 19 and have allot of time to find the right girl...if she does not like what you do it is going to be a life long battle.That fact that she is already trying to drive the ship with out really seeing your side of it sounds bad already.

5. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

6. get rid of her , find one that will go with your plans of an old car

7. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

LOL the direct approach lol ......your young girls come and go ..tin is forever....I told my 3rd wife she she sticks around longer than my one truck she's a keeper .....well she is still here 24 yrs later but so 's the truck ..hell of a battle ..

8. One more thing, when I got together with no 1 I had a Model A Tudor, she didn't think we needed it, so it left...3 years later I left... shoulda left with the Model A

9. I like em too really. I've driven a couple as rental cars.
    The HHR is pretty nice too.