Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello - Todd Wallace from Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by robert_t_wallace, Jul 30, 2009.

1. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

I have been a member here for a few months and don't think I ever posted an intro here. My name is Todd Wallace and live in Colleyville. I have been a Mustang guy since High School as the parts were cheap. Grew up around an uncle that was a Street Rod guy chopping tops, etc. Self taught welding, but still struggle with the body work. Not afraid to dig in though. I have a 1966 Mustang Fastback that is a Shelby Clone, a 1966 Coupe that is wrecked (bought it cheap), a 1966 Mustang Coupe that has rusted rails and most recently a 1931 Model A Frame & 1951 331 Hemi (bought from PovertyFlats). Personally made the trip from Texas to Salina Kansas to pick it up. I have a personal web site where I am trying to document the builds. Don't really have the time, but love turning a wrench.

I just finished a Rotisserie based Frame Jig that I personally welded and have the Model A frame up on it. I am looking to box the frame and get it to a rolling chasis, but have a LONG way to go. I bought a Fatman Vintage IFS from a guy here on the HAMB and need a ton of stuff. I am always looking for a good deal on parts for my project so I tend to lurk around on Craig's list. Anybody wanting to sell stuff, feel free to email me. My hopes are to build a Roadster.

I have 2 boys (age 11 and 12) that are starting to get interested in hot rods and building cars, so its fun to get them out in the garage. they thought I was crazy buying all the bare steel for the frame jig..but..thought it was cool when I finished.

Just wanted to say hi and appreciate the HAMB for all the people that have come together here.

Todd

2. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Hi,Todd and welcome from Scotland

3. onenew32

onenew32

:)
    Welcome from Deep East Texas. Lufkin

4. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

cool! My mom's side of the family live in Garrison..went to SFA in Nac..and have a good friend Jay Morris from Lufkin...

5. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

Ah..Scotland.. Being a Wallace..always found of Scotland

6. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Welcome from Dallas

7. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

good seeing a lot of Texas guys on the board..

8. Hey from Houston

9. motorhead711

motorhead711

How's it going man??

10. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

Going well! Thanks for the note..

11. rcoffey

rcoffey

Hey man from Valley View

12. Geophyguy

Geophyguy

Welcome from Gatesville.

13. madmak95

madmak95

14. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

Welcome, from houston!

-Saint

15. welcome from colorado. i have 2 boys as well, 9 & 12. best times i'll ever have is when the boys help out. len :)

16. jsrail

jsrail

Welcome Todd! My ex-wife's in Houston, hope she's not anywhere near you! LOL We've got a 6 year old who has his '56 Dodge CRL being finished up now. He has been into hot rods and customs since he could pick up a model car. My project is a '55 Chrysler 331 C300 Hemi powered '50 Hudson Coupe that will get done someday!