Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HELLO: There's a NEW '40 FORD Owner in the House...and WHY THE HAMB RULES!! THANKS!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Welcome to the "Forty World", you wont regret it, been drivin em since the 50s, still have 4 of them. Like my "50s style" Cad powered coupe the best though!!! You should enjoy many pleasureable miles!! We have. You drivinig it to GG in Snotsdale next month?? Dave

2. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

That's it!!!!
    Then drive the freakin' wheels off of it.

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I like this club better than the car club Im a Member of .Its funny I belong to a car club ,That doesn't talk about cars .They buy this guys product or that guys product ,Long live the Hamb.....I forgot to mention Goodluck with your new ride looks solid and Id send him a case a beer for looking at for you .Great job both you guys.

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

ryan is...:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. Jake H.

Jake H.

Well, there you go. No moss grows on your hairy palms, sir!

Beautiful car, Kirk.

Have any more pics of the rear mono-tube shock setup? Looks interesting. How's it ride, or have you not done a maiden voyage yet? Sorry, I'm probably not helping your jonesin' (hah!), if that's the case.

6. nice and clean but that spot light is just crazy !

7. Jake H.

Jake H.

Woops, after looking at the photo again, that must be a mono-shock FRONT setup.

My bad.

Can't wait to see it with some of your own touches. Looks like a super solid base for a bitchin' street rod with tweed threads and some great big hoops! Blarrrgh. I just made myself puke a little, sorry.

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yep, I've dug yours since I first saw it.

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

I think that's a steering dampener.

10. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yeah, I know. At first I saw it as a negative, but the more I look at it, and it's odd location, the more I think it just adds character.

11. Can you say "unmolested"?? Very nice. Congratulations from another 40 owner.

12. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

Now what am I supposed to do with this?
    Nice 40 though, I would have bought it too!:D
    [​IMG]

13. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, I´m stunned! That one´s a keeper! Congratulations!

14. vein

vein

Its like having a new girlfriend! even better! nice ride!

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

It was a tough choice. You're '36 is a find too!

16. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

The 40 is a better road car for the family since we are still runnin mechanical brakes and 21 stud & all.

17. Very Cool! I can't wait to see it once you put your awesome design touch on the car.

18. man that is one clean car-nice!

19. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

That's almost a twin to my Fordor. Great looking car. Glass, threads, lowering and some flathead bolt ons, or leave it like it is and enjoy. I've had at least one '40 in my life since 1972. If you replace the glass, get the date coded Ford script etched in, that's my favorite '40 detail.

Attached Files:

20. SCORE! being stoked about this ride is expected! it's got that "just right" appeal.

21. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Kinda like eating one potato chip, bet you cant leave it alone.:)

I see a dropped axle, 265 V8 and MCcoy flames.

22. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Most people don't ever get to drive an old car like yours. I sure hope you get the pleasure of driving a solid old car as much as I do. No you can't do 75 MPH for 3 hours straight but you don't get the heebie jeebies either. Driving one like this does wonders for the blood pressure. Youv'e got very cool old piece.

23. Looks good.
    Good luck with just driving it.

24. sololobo

sololobo

Why the H.A.M.B. rocks!! I am so stoked every time the brotherhood works stuff out like this. The advantage of this technology has a new blueprint on makin this stuff happen beyond belief. This effort and kinship is as cool as the great car you scored. We had a club in the 50's called the C-Dans and most of us had tu-door C-Dans. If any profit from MCD was realized I would be surprized, maybe figuring labor at 2 cents an hour!! Enjoy the new ride and thanx for letting us in on another "H.A.M.B. classic" story!! ~Sololobo~

25. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

after all the photos sent to me and all the talk about the car pre purchase, i just noticed the spotlight..

26. KIRK!

KIRK!

I have never made a profit on an old car. Unfortunately MCD was no exception. I just look at it as my price for having fun!

27. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

28. First of all you are absolutely right...THE HAMB RULES AND is the RULER of all car sites...no others come close and second...that is one beautiful ride and that is the perfect decompression cruiser...just hop in and mellow out for a half hour or so and hit a backroad or two and maybe grab a burrito along the way. Happy Motoring!

29. tofords

tofords

VERY nice Kirk looks like the brother to my coupe. I love a black 40. Frank

Attached Files:

30. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So, when do you want me to pick it up and drive it to Cal for you?