Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello, Old Friend...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalshapes, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Can't wait to see how the 327 runs with the 'charger fitted. I loved it with the 283. Remember when you loosened/broke a rocker at the HAMB drags? Freddy fixed it all better in about 3 minutes.

Attached Files:

2. GreggAz

GreggAz

good to see you putting that brick to use after driving all over Tucson looking for that exact size brick!!

also great to see the car back on the road, I cant wait for another ride.!!

3. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Its cool to see your hot rod back on the road! I have always liked the way it looks, It has a very sinister appearance.
    Jimmy White

4. KoppaK

KoppaK

I'd forgotten just how nice that car is, good to see it's up and running again

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

Hell yeah, I remember that...:D :D

After we got it running we took it to go get some American Food...

Attached Files:

6. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

And now it should be able to make it all the way to Goodguys this year. Just stay away from those creepy guys in the back row. Good to see it alive again.

7. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

who is that working on Alex's car?????? ITS BOYD........ WOW BOYD WORKED ON YOUR CAR........ I can tell its him by the shirt and beard.....

Sorry Jerry....... couldnt resist:D:eek::D:eek::p

Attached Files:

8. metalshapes

metalshapes

Bluto just called me, telling me I really should stop using that modern brick.

He told me I need a Indy Brick.
    Any of the Indy guys know where I could get one?

In the mean time, how about this one?

Attached Files:

9. Glad to hear you have it back running. I know every time I get distracted from my Model A it feels like going home again.

I can still hear that blower whine in Joplin when you went to get parts for Steve's truck.

10. jscoma47

jscoma47

that one bad ride there

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

lmao, that's what I was thinking.... :D

glad to see it back on the road... see ya in August.

12. If you want real history, I have a brick from Custers time,, pre massacre.

13. chaddilac

chaddilac

How bout some pics of the engine MS?

That's a cool top too, what's it from??

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Nice to see the roadster running again.....by the way what beautiful flowers you have.>;-)

15. metalshapes

metalshapes

That used to be Parking Space.

But something went horribly wrong...:D :D

Attached Files:

16. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

That was a fun day..... burnouts.....burgers......burnouts.....adult beverages..... burnouts..... oh oh oh oh and did i mention burnouts

17. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

Ok....i gotta tell the story of the first time I saw Alex's car sitting still. Id seen it around town and heard about some guy from Holland that was "THE" sheetmetal guy. Anyway I was at a local show (rodders days) I was checking out Alex's car, there was a hugh crowd around it. There were local roller derby girls doing promotional stuff at the show. One of the girls was intrigued by Alex's car and went over to talk to him.... the first thing she ask was "Is it hard to drive with the little windshield?" "Is it legal to have a windshield that small" and "How do you fit in the car, its so low" Well.... Alex and some others explained about seven inches being the limit on windshields.... She was satisfied with that answer,but didnt seem to think car was really drivable.... so Alex opened the door and told her hop in and see.... she did and was amazed at the room inside the car..... she looked around the inside of the car and in a loud voice said..... " OH YEA SEVEN INCHES IS MORE THAN ENOUGH!!!!"
    Of coarse the crowd erupted in laughter...... the roller derby girl turned bright red, dropped her head and said, "I cant believe I just said that"

It was great fun, and I have a great story to tell now..... thanks Alex!:D :eek::D:eek::D:eek:

ENFO

18. Cataldo

Cataldo

Very beautiful. one of a kind is an understatement.