Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello, new guy from Iowa

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by T_Bird Guy, Oct 6, 2006.

1. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I just want to introduce myself, I am from Pella, Iowa. I own a 1962 Ford Thunderbird. I have always been into hot rodding and finally got a car for myself this summer. I have been reading posts on the H.A.M.B. for almost a year now and decided to join.

2. 68ragtop

68ragtop
    from Texas

Welcome,
    This is a first class Web site and the members are great at helping one another.
    I used to live in Marshalltown, Ia and showed custom cars in the Des Moines
    shows during the early 70's.
    Talk at you later.
    Jeff @ 68ragtop

3. Welcome, T_Bird ! :)

Is the Strawtown Inn in Pella still operating ? I used to race at Knoxville in the 70's and that was a frequent stop for me.

4. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

It just reopened. It had been closed for awhile.

5. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

Welcome to the Holy Grail of hotrodding. If this bunch of social outcasts can't teach you anything, they can sure as hell keep you laughing. On a serious note, the cumulative (didn't think I knew words like that, huh?) knowledge here is almost infinite...Ole Pork

6. carmak

carmak

Hey there T-bird guy! I saw your car a few weeks ago. I was across the street visiting Paul (with the Chrysler 300's).

I have had many 61-63 T-birds over the years. I sold all but one 63 a few years ago. They are quite the car to work on. Please E-mail me if you have any questions. I have a friend locally that I think has a 61 parts car for sale.

Talk to you later.

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa
    carmak@iowatelecom.net