Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello H.A.M.B

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by fearnoevo, Nov 28, 2009.

1. fearnoevo

fearnoevo
    from Iowa

How ya doin?

Middle aged man embarking on a gasser build with my 14 yr old son. '67 Nova, 2dr HT. I realize you are all into OLD iron, but maybe our gasser build will buy us some leeway.

I race a Nostalgia fuel Harley for fun and profit. Mostly fun, absolutely no profit.

I've been building cars and other such nonsense as long as I can remember. I am currently an owner in a full service tool and die shop, that specializes in doing anything our customers want.

My father in law may very well be the best hammer man alive. My dad is certainly the best cobbler alive.

This board is amazing. Thanks to all of you that have put so much time into creating an outstanding forum. I have been reading here the last week. I only have about 4 pages to go and then I will have read it all, and know everything!

2. Welcome from Des Moines! Gassers are awesome! Keep us posted with pics.

3. fearnoevo

fearnoevo
    from Iowa

Will do, we are trying to get it home this weekend. Just pulled it out of my ol mans barn last weekend. Its been there since 1986

I forgot to mention, I have a '64 Nova wagon I am building for myself too. Does that get me in under the cutoff? I got a '64 XLCH ol timey chopper too.

My FIL has 3 shoebox Fords, a near stock '53. A '50 5 window pickup, dozens of flatheads and flathead sped parts

I am desperately looking for a '48 coupe shell, as the FIL has all of the parts to build another '48 coupe

Oh yeah, I have around a dozen old bicycles, everything from skiptooth JC Higgins, Schwinn ballooners and Schwinn 5 spd stingrays.

4. i think your in!! haha welcome to the HAMB!!

5. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from South Georgia

6. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

What you may lack in vintage tin you more than make up with cool. Welcome home! I look forward to the day I can build something with my son. You guys have fun!

7. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Illinois

8. fearnoevo

fearnoevo
    from Iowa

Here is one of the bicycles my son and I built for a parade a few years back. Every kid in town had an OCC, the boy didn't think that was right. So we hacked up an old girls Schwinn and came up with this. Longest in town by over 3 feet.

Every kid on the block tried to ride it. My boy was/is the only one that can without losing blood and hide over it.

Attached Files:

9. roughneck424

roughneck424

Hello & Welcome.
    Keep that 14 year olds nose to the grindstone!!
    Sounds like you have some kool plans, I too built a schwinn chopper like the photo above.with my son.:eek: I do admit you have me beat by about 2ft. It does take some practice to learn to ride one.

10. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

Welcome from OH!

11. loburban

loburban

welcome from BAMA