Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from the Cornhusker State!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Steel Surgeon, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Steel Surgeon

Steel Surgeon

My name is Chris. I'm 33 years old, and I own and operate Peterson's Automotive Service in the little town of Wahoo, Nebraska. And I'm a hard-core car guy. I've spent my life under the hood of something-or-other. My current projects are a '62 Chevy C-10 longbox, (my ratrod project) and my '69 AMC Javelin SST, Big bad Blue, 390, Go Pak, Pretty much every available option except the "Mod" package and the Side pipes.

My shop runs the gamut of repair work, basically anything with wheels and an engine goes. I'm the only guy in the county who will go inside of a 5.4L Ford engine. I do everything from everyday late-model auto repair and diagnostics to ATV's, construction equipment, Lawn equipment, Motorcycles, (including a couple brit bikes) R/V's, boats, Tractors, Grain trucks, Demo Derby cars, Diesel pickups, Hot Rods, Muscle cars... you name it.

Just a list of some of the stuff I've worked on in my Career: Complete resto of a '64 Ragtop 289 4-speed mustang
    Body/paint work on a '70 Roadrunner
    Resurrecting a barn-find '49 Ford, Including rebuilding the Flattie,, completely rebuilding the brake system (the brake fluid had hardened into a shellac-like substance throughout the brake system) and replacing the fuel tank and lines.
    Same thing, but on a '65 Austin-Healey Sprite that had been "missing" for Twenty years.
    Same thing on a '56 Packard Clipper
    Ground-up Build of a '39 Ford 2dr. Sedan
    And on and on and on....

Currently, There's a '65 Chevy SS396 Impala convertible in my shop awaiting new exhaust manifolds, a '66 Ford F100 with a Built 390 and a Top-loader four-speed from a '68 Cobra-jet Mustang awaiting a new clutch, and an '80 Ford Granada that is giving it's all (Engine, trans, rearend, front suspension, brakes, and power steering) to go into a '63 Ford Falcon.

The falcon is going to be a fun project. The C4 trans is getting rebuilt by a local transmission shop with a stage 1 shift kit, Kevlar bands and heavy-duty clutches, and a 2100-stall converter.

The 302 Is getting built with KB slugs, GT40P heads (if I can find some, anybody got a set?) a Lunati VooDoo268H cam, Weiand stealth Intake, and either a 625CFM Road Demon carb or a 670cfm Holley Street Avenger (I have both, going to see which one runs best) and whatever shorty headers we can make fit, LOL. Shooting for 300 horses at the Flywheel, with a good, lumpy Idle, but still streetable enough to be a Daily driver.

The front suspension will receive the "Shelby Mod" and a set of Global West 1" Lowering springs, all new ball joints, bushings, tie rod ends, Rotors, calipers, good ceramic brake pads, and KYB Shocks.

Still unsure of what we'll be doing for rear gears or a locker/posi in the 8".

I will also be adding an Export brace and a Monte Carlo bar to help stiffen up the body.

I've also just finished helping a buddy assemble a 337-inch Chevy for his Hobby Stock racecar.

Anyway, Hello, and I'm happy to finally be joining the H.A.M.B.

2. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn

welcome to the site ....

would you ave any photo(s), that you could post up for US =)

3. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Texas when you get a chance post some pic we love them here and it's nice to meet you

4. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Welcome Chris from the west coast of Florida.

Great State to live in.

Jimbo

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Hey...I've been to Wahoo! Welcome!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Hemiman51

Hemiman51

Welcome from the east bay Ca.

7. xwing01

xwing01

Welcome from IN

8. dad-bud

dad-bud

Welcome Chris
    Have a bunch of fun here on the HAMB
    Cheers.

9. flathead48