Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Sweden

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Mikko_, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Mikko_

Mikko_
    from Sweden

Hi everyone,

My name is Mikko, I'm 26 years old and living in Sweden.
    I've been reading this forum for quite a few years now and thought it was time to register.

Been into old cars my whole life, so far I've only owned european cars from the 70's and 80's (except for my boring, modern daily drivers) but I do have a soft spot for american made cars from the late 20's to mid 50's. Especially with period correct modifications, that billet stuff is not my cup of tea.

I'm a Ford guy when it comes to american cars so my plan for next year is to buy either a Model A or a Shoebox. Totally different cars and I haven't decided what I really want yet because both type of cars are fun to drive and look cool.

Well, that was a small introduction of me and I'm looking forward to continue reading this forum while looking for the right car for me.

LAROKE, catdad49 and Max Gearhead like this.
  2. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from Colorado, good luck on your search.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome to the HAMB. I've seen the coverage of events in Sweden, looks like there are lots of American cars there. Are most found there or imported every year? Bob

4. Mikko_

Mikko_
    from Sweden

Thank you.

We do have a lot of american cars here in Sweden, that's for sure.
    They were sold here when they were new but a lot of them has been imported also.
    I know that some Ford trucks from the 40's were assembled here in Sweden and in the early 50's quite a few Chevy cars were also assembled here.
    I think that today the majority of the American cars here were imported at some point, but that's just me guessing.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  5. 40two

40two

Hej Mikko,

välkommen till H.A.M.B., i'm just back from Sweden, nice to have another Swede here. Have fun and let us see from time to time what you're doing.

Cheers, Carsten

6. catdad49

catdad49
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome, Mikko!

7. Mikko_

Mikko_
    from Sweden

Thanks for the welcomes

8. J-Gilmoore

J-Gilmoore

Välkommen !