Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from St.L MO

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by BLUMEANIE, Apr 26, 2011.

1. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

Hey everyone. Found my way here from stovebolt.com.

Currently working on a '51 Chevrolet 3100 1/2 ton pickup project. All original. She's a running rat til I get around to a proper restoration. Not in a rush to get started ... just collecting parts at this point.

[​IMG]

More pics here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericdifate/sets/72157626211938122/

... my mechanic aka Col. Brown...

[​IMG]

Neither one of us is Chev specific, tho I've owned a few fast ones from the 70's and 80's.
    The wife (who located the truck for me) drives a Volvo wagon which I suppose proves Brown and I are at least somewhat domesticated. Its a fun little zip around with the 5cyl turbo and AWD.
    My daily driver however, is, in one word, impractical. That is to say that its slammed, ziptied and blown, and driven year round on a static drop with the dents to prove it.
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4898075398_8137e61f7e.jpg
    ...at 10lbs its fun as hell tho.

Looking forward to contributing and learning as much as I can here on the HAMB. :cool:

2. Nice looking mutt.
    I have a 50 five window setting in my drive.
    Welcome from Michigan.

3. Welcome from Iowa! Home of Vintage Torque Fest!!

4. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

Thanks guys. Just updated my profile bio as per the rules.

5. toolman1967

toolman1967

Welcome from Southern Illinois and fellow Chevrolet truck owner.

6. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Normally I would hate the fact that you called your truck a rat, but the dog more than makes up for the mis-use of the term. I love your dog, but please don't the truck a rat anymore, please.

7. low merc51

low merc51

Welcome from just north of Alton .Il. !!!!!

8. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Welcome from Omaha, Nebraska

9. Welcome from west down I70. Nice looking truck and nice looking pup.

10. Welcome from Arkansas.........

11. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

Thanks for the welcome guys! :cool:

lol. Thanks man. Brown is a great companion/security system/chick magnet.

Not to argue, but I hardly think I misused the term...
    Definitions are for those who need defining no matter how broadly and I figured in an intro I should at least hint at my intentions.

If we need to pick at the details, I used the term 'rat' to imply the direction I'm currently heading. Even if my dedication to the trend isn't going to be as extreme as some (channeling, chopping, etc) I feel it will be a rat no less.

As far as its current "rat" status... perhaps I misspoke when I said "all original". The running motor, while using the original block, is cobbled together from three others (a 47 and 51 216 and a 50 235) and padded at the frame by chunks of truck tire, the hood latches via chain and pin, the body is held together by bailing wire, riveted aluminum sheet and what appears to be tar, and the gas gauge is a 4' stick with lines drawn on it. I've even considered the obligatory door art as I'll actually be using it to haul furniture/building materials for my wife's interior architecture firm.
    My immediate intention, and first portion of my over all plan, is to patch the cancer, slam it, add some period correct go-fast goodies and drive it while I stock pile the correct restoration parts. In the very end, just about everything will be replaced aside from the cab, frame and a handful of other sound parts.
    Eventually, 10-20 years down the road or whenever I have the $$$, I'd like to be able to raise it back up, drop in a rebuilt 235 and have it professionally painted.

Odds are, the drop axle, 216, replaced panels and other stuff will probably end up on whats left of my parts truck. In which case, I'll consider chopping the roof and shortening the bed and frame on that one.

All said, I don't need defining, so call it what you want. :)

12. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

13. king of the mercs

king of the mercs

a big welcome from kentucky...i learned how to drive in a pickup just like yours. The good ol days..king of the mercs

14. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

Thanks guys!

I know Alton well, Fast Eddies is one of my favorite ride destinations!

Thanks! I was just in CoMO last weekend.

I looked at an Art Deco in KC, MO but couldn't pull the trigger on it. The guy was emotionally invested and asking way too much for the condition.

15. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

welcome from GA

Grommet

16. 54_BelAir

54_BelAir

Welcome from the East side of the Mighty 'Mo

17. Welcome from Florida, dig the dog!!