Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Springfield Ohio

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Unclekeg, May 20, 2019.

1. Unclekeg

Unclekeg

F4BDA8C0-49DA-4297-A819-C734CE41366E.jpeg 3960DA21-CFBA-41DA-BBE2-CB65D3090E6E.jpeg D177FAB7-788F-4A61-9F67-8B3624442A96.jpeg I’ve been a long time looker and bought my first custom a few months ago. I don’t have much experience and will have many many questions. I have a 1953 Chevy 210 that the previous owner had since 1986. It has a 235, a three speed on the floor, and a power glide rear.

The car runs, drives, and stops but there is plenty of sorting out to do. Mostly suspension, brakes, and inner patch panels, lots of inner patch panels.

The plan is to drive it in the summer and do the bodywork in the winter.

DANSLED and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the HAMB! You'll find lots of custom freaks, like me.

And since we're fans of traditional builds, here. I would love to see that pinstriping go bye-bye. It definitely screams "eighties"!

Sent from my SM-G892A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Welcome from the hills of southeastern Ohio! I will be in your neck of the woods this weekend, I am selling for the first time at the swap meet and car show at the fair grounds.

Unclekeg likes this.
  4. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Cool ride. Congrats. Welcome from Detroit

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Unclekeg likes this.

5. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's the way to do it. Get a driver and enjoy it while you work on it.... looks NICE!

Unclekeg likes this.
  6. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

Welcome. My family is Springfield. My dad worked for decades at Robbins & Meyers, and my grandfather worked over at International for his entire career painting truck cabs.
    Welcome!

Unclekeg likes this.
  7. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Whats really nice about your is it is definitely customized in the style they were doing it in the late 50's - 60s. The engine in my avitar photo is a 1957 235 in my 46 chevy coupe. There is nothing wrong with having a 235 engine if it is in good shape. It will cruise as good as a V8.Or you could drop in a crate engine V8 and be different JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I chose to be really different and stay with the inline six. For aftermarket repair parts look at both www.filling station.com and www.chevsofthe40.com. Both have patch panels for your car as well as about anything else. I have bought a bunch from both & they both have a huge paper catalog as well as the website. They do not carry much hot rod items but if you want that let us know and we can list the suppliers for the hop up stuff. Jimmie

Unclekeg and Unique Rustorations like this.
  8. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana! I have owned and driven several 3 on the floor vehicles and enjoyed them all. Car looks good from the pics. Good luck with the project and keep it on the road as much as possible! Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Unclekeg likes this.
  9. Unclekeg

Unclekeg

Thank you everyone. I appreciate all of the encouragement.

DANSLED and Peanut 1959 like this.