Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Oshkosh, WI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redhawk74, Mar 7, 2010.

1. redhawk74

redhawk74

Hello all,

Im 25 from oshkosh, wi. Ive been on this website for some time, however ive never done an intro or anything of the sort. More than likely because i didnt own any vechicle worthy of viewing. Ive been to alot of the bigger shows in the nation, and enjoy everything about cars, i.e. especially traditional rods and custom. Hopefully i look forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys off here.

Originally i was going to sell two of my trucks i owned to get one rod or custom. However last week i sold the truck i had from high school, and decided to sell the other one and use the money for a house for the girlfriend and i. It was for good reason, yesterday i trailered home a 1951 chevy from minnesota to oshkosh wisconsin, just under 5 hours one way. Great guy who sold it, and a great day to get a custom. The wheels are already turning for ideas on the car....

My dad collects older cars, he is more into originals, some of the best memories in my life are with him working on cars, so i figured its time to get my own, so we can enjoy these together.

I guess this is where my journey begins...and cant wait to see where it goes from here.

Here is the car.

Attached Files:

2. Spend the time with your Pops...you'll understand why I say that more when he's gone. Cars are a great way to do it. My Dad tried to line up on me with his '60 LeSabre.....not his smartest move. Anyway, I'll remeber that one forever. It was a sad when I sold that car for my Mom, she didn't want it around after he died. Sorry about the all sunshine and happiness in that response.....

Cool car. Hope to see it at Back to the 50's in June at the MN state fairgrounds. Go to www.MSRA.com for details if you're not already counting the days. Corndogs, hot rods, mini-donuts, customs. I'm ready!!!

3. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Welcome aboard the H.A.M.B. wagon.

buckle up and whole on ,

it will be a bumpy ride.

But you'll get along just fine,

Nice ride ,have fun with it and drive the wheels off it.

4. Welcome from WI. I have a shop in Oshkosh...you may have seen it, there is a '51 Chevy out front. Our WI group is strong. There are a bunch of us in the Fox Valley. We welcome you to the shakedown in Aug. Volunteer if you want to get to know the local HAMB group. We also have a HAMB and Cheese meeting every so often. The next one is in Oshkosh at FlatJack's place. It is a must attend.

5. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Welcome!
    2x what cliffy says .This a great area to be in the hobby,plenty of swapmeets, carshows and great people to network with.We are always happy to get younger guys like you hooked on our obsession....PAUL

6. Welcome from the milwaukee area....and you got a great start to a killer custom

7. Welcome from southwestern cheeseland.

8. Welcome from Southeastern cheeseland :)

9. rtomss

rtomss

Another welcome from Milwaukee! I recently found a 50'. Do some searching here, you'll find a ton on info on everything about the early 50 Chevy's......Good Luck!

10. krimsonghost

krimsonghost

welcome fro waukesha!

11. abomb20

abomb20
    from oshkosh

nice looking car bro, might be pickin up a 55 F100 this weekend with my dad in MN as well. back to the 50s will be so much better with our own rides there.

12. storm king

storm king

I'll be up in Oshkosh last week of July!

13. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

nice looking machine, enjoy it for a while.
    Welcome from Milwaukee, maybe you can drive it down this summer, we have nice weather.

Cheatercarl

14. Welcome from Birnamwood!