Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello From Ohio

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Big-O, Dec 28, 2012.

1. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

the engine i pulled from mine still spun over, i ended up giving it to a friend of mine.

2. Mr.Wilson

Mr.Wilson
    BANNED

Welcome to the HAMB Big-O, but watch your step, there are some very tender toes here...

3. Big-O

Big-O

Mine aren't I am on my first '66 build and If I am making stupid mistakes then I wanna know if I am making stupid mistakes. For instance I just found out I got a pair of old Strombergs-I was thinkin I had it made - won't feed my 6 enough and I need to drop them and move on to carters... Live and learn. Hitek-any certain model of carter?

4. Big-O

Big-O

Got alot done in the past few weeks. Tried using my buddie's comp and camera to put up some tear down pics... Failed miserably. Not sure if it was the comp, cam, or operator error. Probably all of the above. No nuts, bots, or gas tank on a computer-that causes problems.

5. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Welcome from W.PA

6. rusty63c10

rusty63c10

welcome from findlay ohio...... what model is your 56? my dad has a 56 belvedere

7. Big-O

Big-O

Hello PA and Findlay. Mine is a 4 door Savoy

8. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Welcome aboard....you have a one day indoor swap meet about 80 miles south of you this coming Sunday (Medina OH) I'll be there. PM me if you want some more info on it

10. Luke4554

Luke4554

Welcome from dayton..

11. Big-O

Big-O

I appreciate the welcomes. Love the Hemi-Boston. (Desoto or Chrysler?) Big Bob, got my kids this weekend. probably can't make it but thanks. Luke-thanks

12. Big-O

Big-O

Dayton, I like the Chief! Straight 8?

13. Luke4554

Luke4554

Straight six.. Gonna run w it til she blows. Then 400 pontiac..:cool:

14. Big-O

Big-O

15. Big-O

Big-O

Two steps forward and one step back tonight... Got my generator and mount pulled (as well as most of the other stuff from the front of the engine on previous nights), mount sanded down and painted, drivers door lifted and catch fixed, new soft plugs picked up, all good things. In process of adjusting drivers door we managed to crack the window... Probably happened when a socket slipped off a bolt... ERG! Oh well I guess. Got alot of stuff accomplished and found out I can get the ignition I want for it. So I guess I gotta take my lumps on the window.

16. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Welcome from AZ, glad to see your keeping the mopar motor in it and not dropping a belly button SBC in it. I had a 230 flatty in my 57 dodge, ran like a bat out of hell till I topped out at 45MPH :D. simple and bulletproof.

17. Big-O

Big-O

Thanks AZ. I would throw a brigs & straton in B4 a 350/350-9in. Tonight its time to pop the soft plugs and see just how much sludge I got. Not excited about it but I console myself with the 54,XXX on the clock not 154,XXX.... Probably pull the valve covers as well. There is no oil smoke, no knocking, or rattles but I want to be sure. The last thing I need is to dump a bunch of coin in I really don't have and blow it up... Hopefully I won't break anything tonight.

18. Big-O

Big-O

Things just took a costly turn... Looks like it's time for a rebuild. ERG!!!!!

19. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Welcome from NW Ohio,I'm over by Lima.

20. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Welcome from Kentucky & Tennessee!

21. Big-O

Big-O

Gizzy, kyvetteman-Thanks for the welcome.

22. Big-O

Big-O

Time to clean garage after last weekend's engine pull.

23. dad-bud

dad-bud

Hi there Big-O. Welcome.
    It looks like you're enjoying yourself here, which is why Ryan started the forum in the first place.
    Cheers.

24. Big-O

Big-O

Thanks Australia. I have found so much useful info here, it had been a plethora of useful facts and direction. Just got a few pic's into the album today.

25. 1954 rocket 98

1954 rocket 98

hey big-o
    welcome from n.e. ohio. car looks cool dont see many of those around, good luck with it.

26. Big-O

Big-O

Thanks Rocket. When the search started a flat head 6 4 door Plymouth was not in the plan but I have gotten quite attached to it and know where to take the project. The only thing is I am a rookie all over again. I know newer overhead valve engine but this is my first flat head and it is truely turning into a leaning exp. I am gonna need all the luck I can get and maybe some divine too hahaha. I am hoping this weekend we can get the air compressor wired into the garage which will really speed up the process of blocking it down. It's rough, I am a steel hauler and home on the weekends and between kids and other obligations a chores I only got a few hrs a week I can put in so it is going REALLY REALLY SSSLLLLOOOOWWWWW. On the up shot I found another flatty so I can build it to the 9's and keep the current runner in it for getting car's set, wiring reference and such. Looking into drivers for sale in our area right now. I fpund a 72 Buick boat tail Riv I am looking into but not too much else. Seems like either people are trying to dump off ragged out POS's or asking a fortune for things that just aren't worth it. Oh well...

27. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

Welcome from the the middle of Ohio use this place wisely and they will help you with any problems you may encounter along the way BUCKLE UP AND ENJOY THE TRIP.

28. Big-O

Big-O

Thanks for the welcome Steadfast

29. Big-O

Big-O

Checked out a '64 Newport yesterday. Not bad, could be a decent daily driver. Today is the 52 Desoto. If the Desoto works out I will be starting to hunt for a 12 volt conversion...

30. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

Welcome from columbus