Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from New Member

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Matt Crusader, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Matt Crusader

Matt Crusader

hi there! ive been sitting on this 56 dodge crusader for a while now and its time to get it modified and on the road. currently it has no tranny, driveshaft, or brakes and id like to convert it to power steering and front disk. 350 chevy motor - i know its a crime lol. plus someone has put a solid axle in the front off a 57 chevy pu. id like to keep that. ive fallen in love with this car just sitting in my driveway for the last year. im not lookin to create a power beast just something that looks cool and is safe on the road. my skill level is lower but i have a huge pool of data i can pull from and i work at a auto parts store here in bc, so parts wont hurt as much. im hoping that on these forums i can find the info for bolt on parts off other vehicles or guidance on where and what to buy online. cheers and good luck to everyone here on thier projects!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. Welcome Matt. Cool old Dodge. It should be a lot of fun. Yes, this is a great place for info. Everyone is willing to help. But just a note to ya. They don't use the term {r rod } on here. Best just call it low dollar, or unfinished. Keep us posted on your progress. We really like pictures. Thanks Ron........

Matt Crusader likes this.
  3. Matt Crusader

Matt Crusader

Thanks Ron, I edited my post. I wont say bad words anymore lol

4. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

5. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana! And yeh, I second the picture thing:) So what’s the trans choices looking like? Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Matt Crusader

Matt Crusader

Im wanting to put a turbo 350 or 400 into it. Got a bum leg so converting it to automatic

7. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

Welcome from Australia.....and nothing wrong with a Gm engine in a Chrysler product. :rolleyes: