Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Michigan...not new here,but returning with a new inspiration .

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by pro 39, Jul 2, 2022.

1. pro 39

pro 39
    from Michigan

Recently acquired the '71 Woody AA/FD of Gary Rupp and Pat Dakin. Restoration is underway.

2. pro 39

pro 39
    from Michigan

3. Welcome back to a more active HAMB life, from Illinois.

lothiandon1940 and pro 39 like this.
  4. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome back

pro 39 likes this.

5. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Welcome back looks like a great project are you going to share the build on Hamb. Or do you have a link on the project.
    Completely different deal but I met a gentleman and his wife in Gulf Shore’s last year. They were sitting at a potluck dinner table with the wife and I among others. Someone said something about racing that got my attention. Between conversation I asked what type of racing. His wife said drag racing. Come to find out they had raced AA/FD out of the Saint Louis area and many other track in the 70s. His wife was a lot more talkative then her husband. The next day I was going for a walk and seen him messing around his motor home. Stop and introduce myself hoping to talk racing. He was really interesting talked about racing with some of the top dogs of the times and a real distaste for Sheryl Modowney that she treated people terrible to claw to the top. My curiosity goes wild every time I see a FED because I’m terrible with names and can’t remember his.
    Were going back to the same park soon and I think he will be there. Talked like it’s a yearly thing for them. Sorry to get off track but you never know what may turn up. Thanks Ron

pprather likes this.