Register now to get rid of these ads!

hello from down under

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 80WTI, Sep 16, 2012.

1. 80WTI

80WTI

hi guys and girls.

i'm from australia, i've been looking for about 3 years now so thought it was time time to register.

the wife and i are heading over to bonneville in two weeks to watch and will also be hanging around for the hotrod reunion.

lee

2. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome Lee. Tell us why you've lurked for so long, what kind of cars and trucks do you like or own? What are your interests? If you have pictures show us what ya got.

3. 80WTI

80WTI

hi model t1,
    thanks for the welcome. i have a couple of vehicles, nothing to fancy but i like em. i will put up a couple of pictures from the main shed as i have another dozen out the back. my main interest are try to learn more sheetmetal tricks. i have a bit of a problem wanting 2 of everything but i guess there is no harm in dreaming?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Hey Lee,how are ya mate!from one aussie to another,if you got a spare 55 bonnet,can u let me know,thanks, Gaz!

5. Lots of cool cars/trucks/engines there.
    Every mans dream aye..

6. Nice A40 pickup/ute Lee. What roof is on the A40 ? The Husky looks OK too.

7. 80WTI

80WTI

hi gaz,
    i have one spare but i need it as it doesn't have a hole cut in it.
    you could use it for a mould to make a glass one if you like. other wise im heading over to the states in 2 weeks so i could look out for one there if you are in need of one.

8. 80WTI

80WTI

hi 34 gaz,

the roof started out as a flat piece of cold drawn sheet, but will be getting cut off again as i'm not quite happy with it. i have 2 of the huskies 1 of them i am putting in a slightly larger engine so it can go over 80 klms an hour :) . the a40 has a toyota v8 hemi style engine out of the early limo's full alloy deal.

9. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Greetings Lee from the west coast of Florida.

There seem to be many others in Australia just like yourself who are a little Car Crazy just like the rest of us.

Best Regards Jimbo

10. Mark Fox

Mark Fox

Hi Lee Welcome to the site. Try www.allmetalshaping.com There are a lot of good blokes on there.
    You have some really nice toys. Are you making an English wheel?

11. 80WTI

80WTI

g'dday jimbo.

mate i think it's something in the water we drink :D. i will be in orlando on the 12th and 13th of october, i'm going to don garlitts and rick treworgys museum, also going to take the rental car for a thrash at orlando speedworld. always wanted to race a car in another country.

12. 80WTI

80WTI

hi mark, i'm a member on both the metal shaping site's, they are very informative. I have almost finished my new wheel, you can see it behind one of the cudas. i have got new wheels from hoosiers. i just need to make the adjuster then i can start making some scrap metal;)

thanks for the comments

13. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

14. 80WTI

80WTI

thanks for all the comments guys.

hopefully i can get back to doing these cars up, last year in january we had water come in over the top the house and yard so it's been a slow process to get going again, we hope to start rebuilding the house starting january, then i've got a date with these cars plus a few others out the back.

15. fat57

fat57

Hello from sydney welcome along

16. A tub

A tub

Hi lee welcome from another aussie, like your collection, lots of variety in your garage A-tub

17. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

:D
    Thanks for the offer,you just enjoy yourself,one will show up sooner or later, Gaz.

18. 80WTI

80WTI

thanks mark,

i love the coe mate, you build some of the best cars around. i love your quality of work, you purchased a camaro off a mate of mine up here in queensland last year, is it still in the build?

19. 80WTI

80WTI

thanks a-tub, i'm not a one brand sort of guy, i have mates thinking i'm on the crazy side of life with what i drag home sometimes but i just feel sorry for some cars left lying around. they got feelings you no:D

20. 80WTI

80WTI

hi raymay, thanks for the welcome, nice custom 56 you have there mate. looks well proportioned as if the factory did it. a credit to you mate

21. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Lee,

You have a cool collection of cars mate. I would love to see them some time.

Kenny.

22. Welcome from another Aussie, we need more of us on here :)
    Your place looks as bad as mine with cars everywhere lol

23. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

24. dad-bud

dad-bud

G'day there lee, welcome aboard the HAMB
    It sounds like you're well into the whole HAMB-thing, and that's quite the collection of 8 cyl motors you've got there.
    Enjoy your trip to B'ville
    Cheers.

25. 80WTI

80WTI

thanks guys for the response, had a great time in the states, man can you spend some money over there even though everything is heaps cheaper. Can't wait for the container to arrive, got quite a few good signs and memorabilia. Met a lot of nice people over there, got to help out harold johansen at bonneville, he has been racing since the 40's but his vision is fading so i got the opportunity to push start them and also help out with tuning and so on. But i think bakersfield was the biggest experience for me, i can't wait to go again.

26. bb55hrt

bb55hrt
    from Michigan

Well that's quite a stable you have there! Nice rides.
    BB

27. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Lee,

It is me my Brutha !
    I can not believe we joined in the same month of the same year, that is wicked. I should have that i would love to see your collection again buddy :)
    Talk soon mate, this weather today is a scorcher. (faint)