Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello From Dawsonville Georgia!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Hot Rod Elvis, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Hello to everyone here on the H.A.M.B!

First off, I'm not what you'd think of as a "Old School Hot Rodder" I'm actually 14, and I'm not the average 14 yr old who does nothing but play video games. No, nothing like that! For the past three years, I've been volunteering at the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame and Museum in Dawsonville Ga. I'm a tour guide, historian, run the gift shop, and whatever needs to be done around the place (Sometimes, I'm even in charge!) As you can tell, I'm a big race fan and historian! I've looked at some of the older threads about early Nascar, I'm familiar with all of that. I know who Gober Sosebee, The Flocks, Raymond Parks, Lloyd Seay, Red Byron are as well as many un-known drivers who drove local stuff. I'm a co-host on RacersReunion.com 's Tuesday Night Stock Car show. (It's a great place for race fans to hang out! Over 40,000 vintage photos and over 1,000 videos!) I'm also a member of GARHOFA (Georgia Automobile Racing Hall of Fame Association. Not the same as the museum) And because of my racing knowledge and connections, I've gotton some of the best chances to meet folks and do wonderful things like being on stage at the Labor Day Atlanta Motor Speedway Race talking about racing trivia, and in October, I was on the local news who came to the museum to do a live tour which I got to take them on.

On to Hot-Rodding....I probably first got interested in cars when I was 9 and my grandfather restored his 1971 Ford Pickup he bought new. I really enjoyed riding in it, I thought I was the coolest cat around! I always liked cars after that but didn't really have a favorite. So, after making friends with tons of car guys I've hung around, I finally have some favorites. One of them being a 1930 or 1931 Model A 5-window coupe hot rod. I just love them! That's really what I'd like to drive for my first car (I have a 1980 F-100, but what's cool about that?) I know 5-windows are expensive, but when I find one, I hope for it to be cheap. I'd like it preferably on a 32 frame, with a early 50's Mercury Flathead with a 39' tranny and a 3 deuce 97 Stromburg set-up. Paint would probably be red or what ever is cheapest and a white or black tuck and roll interior. Also gotta have wide whites!

Back to racing, I would love to become a Racing Announcer. I already have experience being on TV and on stage alot. I've emceed a couple of racing events (In fact, I'm gonna emcee the Peach Bowl Speedway Reunion this Sunday) I also announce at Dixie Speedway in Woodstock Ga fairly often. Mike Helton (President of Nascar) told me when I met him that I could have a job when I'm 15. Whether he was joking or not, I don't know, he sounded and looked serious, so I'm gonna take him up on that offer! When I do hopefully have some money and a car collection, I'd like only 4 or 5 cars. Of course my 5 window that I hope to build. A 40' Ford Coupe, a 56' Ford Fairlane Victoria, a 56 Caddy Eldorado Convertiable, and a 1969 Dodge Charger (General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard)

Anyway, I better stop now before my hands cramp up from all of this typing! ha, Thanks for letting me to post and hope to be seen often!

Thanks and God Bless
    -Cody (A.K.A Hot Rod Elvis)

2. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, sounds like you got the disease the rest of us have, best of luck on the Model A and the future.

3. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Welcome aboard!

Best of luck with your hot rodding future. You've certainly picked up on it at the right age.

I'm envy you for what is ahead if you keep up such enthusiasm.

4. Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Thanks Guys! I'm really gonna enjoy this place!

6. brad chevy

brad chevy

Welcome Cody ,great intro,hold Helton to his offer.Isn"t Dawsonville where the Elliots are from?Hope to hear you on the air,just take Kyle Pettys place.

7. Welcome from Rockmart GA! You are the same age I was when I acquired my '38 Ford pickup (the one in my avatar photo) in 1966, back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth. Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup and Ozelle the '55 Ford send friendly horn honks to you.

8. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

Welcome Cody,from your neighbor down in Forsyth Co.

Set your cross hairs on what you love to do first,not $$$$...the rest will work itself out

9. k9racer

k9racer

Welcome Cody.. I read the article on you in the pioneer pages,, You will notice that several members of the Ga ARHoF are on the hamb. Check the 2 threads on stock cars bothover 300 pages. Folks this will be the next Jimmy Mosteller. Dont let his age fool you he is VERY knoledgeble on stock car racing and past cup champions/ crew cheifs/sponsors/ call him by name.. Welcome again... Bobby..

10. Welcome from Connecticut

11. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

Cody, Welcome from Flintville TN. Bought my first car at 14, a '64 Fairlane 2 door sedan, wanted to build a T-bolt but the nay sayers won that time. Sounds like you are living the dream, Im sure you will go far. Good tastes in cars. You've got some great curvy roads to play on there in Dawsonville.

12. Hot Rod,
    Nice intro.
    Welcome from Michigan.

13. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

welcome from new orleans i am planning on retiring in ellijay in the near future and i have been to dawsonville many times bill elliott has always been one of my favorites

14. Welcome to the h.a.m.b. From m.d.

15. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

16. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Thank You for the Warm Welcome everyone! To answer Brad Chevy's question, yes, Bill Elliott is from Dawsonville.

17. Awesome Bill from Dawsonville.... :D Welcome...

18. johnk320

johnk320
    from Erie PA

Wow, Cody! You've packed a lot in, in your young life! Welcome to the HAMB, brother! You're gonna fit in just fine here! Enjoy...

19. k9racer

k9racer

Back To The Top just because he is a good young man..

20. Cody, thanks for keeping the flame alive. Young people like you are a pleasure to be around and mentor. Don't have too much tolerance for gamers. Love the museum and the Moonshine Festival.

21. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Thanks!

22. hudson48

hudson48

Congratulations on joining the HAMB.I was in Dawsonville last December (my 3rd trip there from Australia).Have good friends who live just a couple of miles from town.I always visit the Pool Hall and the Hall of Fame when I am there.
    Seems like there is some good hot rodding activity in Dawsonville.Got invited out to a guys place called Hot Rod Hollow and he has a great collection of cars.

23. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

24. theracedude

theracedude

Hey Cody, I am in Cleveland Ga. About 30 min from you. I raced cars for 15 years and one of the things that i love about hot rods is that car guys are car guys and that they are very willing to help others. Glad to see that you choose this path.