Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Ann Arbor, MI! "Newbie" Del checks in...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DJ Del Villarreal, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Howdy, amigos!

I've been lurking for a few months and have really enjoying the camaraderie and expertise displayed on the HAMB, so here I am! I own no traditional cars at this point, but I'm very interested in acquiring a 1930's - 1940's era Chevy truck and dream of creating a traditional hot rod from a 1930's era Chevrolet someday.

Some of you might know me from my disc jockey and emcee work at the VIVA LAS VEGAS ROCKABILLY WEEKENDER over the years and I've DJed at the SHIFTERS C.C. VLV CAR SHOW for quite a while. Thanks to Tom and the INDY ROAD ROCKETS C.C., I've DJed at their great car show in Indianapolis more than a few times. I've also worked with my fun young friends in Toledo, the SCREAMIN' DEMONS C.C. at their MAKIN' JUNK RUN shows. I haven't contributed much lately, but I've also written music reviews for CAR KULTURE DeLUXE and look forward to doing some more articles for them soon. One thing that I'm very excited about is going to England this summer, 2008 to DJ and MC at the HOT ROD HAYRIDE (I promise to bring back & post a LOT of pictures!).

I'm passionate about roots rock music and I'm becoming more passionate about traditional rodding with every car show event I attend. I'm learning as I go along, so please be patient with me!

If you have a music question, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to get you the answer.

Thanks,

-Del Villarreal

2. DVierstra

DVierstra

Welcome aboard Del! A 30's to 40's era trucks are very cool! Not a whole lot of those out there.

3. Glad you are signing in! I met you at the Brian Setzer Christmas concert last year in Detroit. I listen to your show all the time! You RULE!!

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

welcome dj dell..was at the makin junk run ..i remember ya! welcome aboard!

5. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Hey from Pontiac area.

6. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

Sounds like you already have a good base on traditional car shows. Welcome from Lansing!

7. sailorwoody

sailorwoody

Hey Del, i see you everywhere! Weddings, car shows and the HAMB! good to see ya at whiskey jo's wedding a few weeks ago.
    Sailor Woody
    sgt. at arms
    Screamin' Demons C.C.

8. Del,
    Welcome form just east of ya.

Tim