Register now to get rid of these ads!

History HELLO 1970's.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, Aug 5, 2007.

1. TINGLER

TINGLER

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

if you can remember the 70's you weren't there:D

3. 53burb

53burb

Tingler. You have to do a shirt of your '70's Fairlane straight axle or a print. KNUX!

4. I'm not a fan of Cragars (or any chrome spoke wheel), but I like the look, especially the radiused wheelwells. But then again, I'm biased.:)

5. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

cragar ss came out in like 1963-1964 so still left in the 60ies bro ;)

6. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Those are Keystone Classics! A true child of the 70s would never call Keystones Cragars or vice versa. Blasphemy I tell ya! Blasphemy!

7. lowrod

lowrod

Looks cool---Cragars rule!!!! Hey, that rhymes!

8. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

I'm a nice guy, really I am.

I dig the wheels.

Dave

9. Leave the tires for "stagger"!

10. beatnik

beatnik

You were missing a couple of key elements for offical 70's Street Freak status.

[​IMG]

11. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

ya bro some people are assholes. that car is bitch`in. love that gasser look..... the 70's was a awesome decade.

12. 56pu

56pu
    from Sarver,PA

Tingler, the car looks badass....What year is it?

13. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I L-O-V-E it...but, then...I grew up then, too...I am also a little biased...heres why: Me in mine last year...

Attached Files:

14. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

Anyone remember the NATIONAL LAMPOON issue with the ford fairlane they "fixed" with the gutter sidepipes?

15. customcory

customcory

If it was like my rides in the seventies, there would be roaches in the ashtray, uh.. and I still remember the seventies.:)

16. Muttley

Muttley

If you want the '70's look you need a CB antenna and a prismatic Keep On Truckin' bumper sticker. ;)

17. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

Tingler-- i love it. and i think it most states its legal to drive that baby drinking a beer, as long as you're smoking at the same time, have long greasy hair and are listening to the right 70's rock!

that baby makes me want to do a long hesher burnout right now. yeah!

-scott noteboom

18. k9racer

k9racer

Yes I do and whats so funny is that the editor of national lampoon P J O'Rook is a true gear head..

19. Muttley

Muttley

Anyone seen my Foghat tape?!?!?!

20. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

,,i liked it better with the flames....:D

21. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Fairlanes and dragstrips are very happy together...oh, yeah...and some New Riders of the Purple Sage on 8 track...

22. lone wolf

lone wolf

dam jason,
    i didn,t think you would do!! i like it, you might want to weld some brake tubing around the part you cut out. if i had the time and money i would do this piece of crap falcon the same way. see you tuesday. bob

23. just switch to aluminum slots and the year ... fades a little
    hope ya still got your craco 8 trac and reverb..
    and that greeen leafy decal for the wing window

o..... white letter tires are ez to find and those rear shackles have to be at least 10 inches long
    it's th 12 cent premium ??????

24. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

hahaha...i was just thinking about this the other day- of when a 70's styled rod would come to the HAMB...i think it has been building with several of you on here....

hey, i think it looks great...not everything out of the 70's was a camaro with traction bars, butt in the air, and shag carpet on the dash

it's hard to make a good body style with a gasser stance look bad

25. glad you finally came to your senses, and did that car the way it should be done. Cragars or Keystones would be period correct. I can even remember having a set of 15x4 Keystones. Tore the centers out of a set of 15x10's once when the slicks finally got good bite. The only thing you have to do now is back up the look with the muscle under the hood. You captured the look perfectly.

26. speaking of aluminum slot wheels...anyone seen any lately? I bought a pair of 15"x10" to fit my '74 camaro back in 1990...it was a true 70s car, came from louisiana, had air shocks and a trailer hitch...lol

Tingler, man...I'm diggin' that car, seriously. In the less affluent parts of the country (read that ARKANSAS) cragar s/s wheels were still in vogue in the 90's...keystones too...the REAL country boys still run cragars...:D

Still wish I could've met up with y'all when I was livin' in Campbell county. An officer from your little community didn't like the fact that I had driven the Chieftain all the way from Ft Smith to Monterrey with NO TAG..had to park it overnight at that lil station with the car wash just off I-40....memories...lol!

Car's lookin' good man!

Cheer up, get inspired :D

27. knotheads

knotheads

the 70s trend of a hacked up wheel well just to get that L-60-15 tire under the back never apealed to me.there were alot of otherwise nice cars ruined back then ,and better than half couldnt even turn that monster tire .

28. Tackier the better.

29. TKITEZ38

TKITEZ38

i dig it, nice work!