Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hellbound Hayride Pics & Comments

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Good Wood, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

[​IMG][​IMG]After 70 treacherous miles in super-dense fog, we arrived in Allentown for the Aces & Eights CC show on Saturday. It had been well advertised, so we went early anticipating a large turnout. Once the fog burned off by late morning, the cars really started to roll in, and every available space was filled. A full day of activities was planned and car owners and spectators alike appeared to be having a great time. We met and talked with a lot of nice people, the sound system and tunes were excellent, and there was always something to do, including live rockabilly in the Mixx Lounge after 6.

All in all we had a good time, but were really annoyed by a few things. The food "service" was a joke. There were no outside food vendors , which is OK. Unfortunately, since Playdrome Rose Bowl apparently had the rights to all food sales, their system left a lot to be desired. we ordered two Cheeseburgers and Fries at 1:10. Then, after waiting along with many other hungry showgoers for way too long, we were told, at 2P.M., that they had run out of burgers. This after checking multiple times if our food was soon ready. We were then told we would be "upgraded to cheesesteaks, then had to wait another twenty minutes until they were served along with cold fries. This whole scenario was totally unacceptable. If a first-time vendor, or the car club itself would have been making the food, and unexpectedly got overwhelmed by the crowd, I could understand (MAYBE). This was a bowling alley/night club that has probably been running their snack bar for years. I should have packed a lunch!

Secondly, the Aces & Eights flyer listed several very reasonable rules, including "no feather dusters, leaning dolls, displays, over billet Easter egg cars or trailer queens, no cry babies, just........hard core hot rods". These rules suited me fine. Based on the advertising handouts, the time of year, and the event name, my wife asked at the gate if it would be OK to place some of her Halloween junk inside the car. She also usually passes out Halloween candy to the kids. I tried to discourage her in advance by reading the rules to her, stressing the words no "displays". She was told no to the decorations, but OK to the candy. This was OK with me, since that's not my thing either, but I tolerate it in the spirit of the holiday, and the kids always enjoy it.

As the day went on, more and more "displays" were evident throughout the lot. At least 10-12 cars were decorated with corpses, monsters, skeletons, spider webs, and signs, both on the inside and on the outside. Some of this crap was even life-sized and pretty elaborate. She was hurt. I was pissed. Most of these items were not permanently attached to the cars, but added decoration probably for this October event only.

If any Aces & Eight members are H.A.M.B.E.R's, I'd like to hear your comments. C'mon guys, let's make rules that apply to everyone.

HTML:

*** Sorry...............I've been having Internet connection problems all evening. Will post Pics ASAP..............................Woody

2. timbo

timbo
    from PA

Good morning, all.....
    I am a member of the Aces & Eights. Unfortunately I was out of the area for 6 days attending to some personal business and wasn't able to be at the show. For this I apologize to the entire club for not being able to lend a hand. I understand that there were a few things that didn't go as planned but, being the first attempt at organizing a show, I don't think it was anything that anyone couldn't go to, and have a good time at. There were some rather strange items being displayed and I personally don't understand why you would want to do that, but attending to the organization of the entire show was an all day chore. I'm sure the next one will be better than this one, and so on.....I usually give a "first time" show a second chance. We all learn by experience and I understand that the experience for most was a good one.
    Tim

3. Good Wood your wife already beat this subject to death!
    Leave it go

4. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

Here they are.

Attached Files:

5. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

more

Attached Files:

6. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

and more

Attached Files:

7. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

More

Attached Files:

8. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

More later. having trouble with size of the better pics. Need to resize.

Attached Files:

9. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

HTML:

.....I usually give a "first time" show a second chance. We all learn by experience and I understand that the experience for most was a good one.
    Tim[/quote]

So do I. I said I enjoyed the show, but the food experience was a disaster that never should have happened. That wasn't the car club's fault, but that of Playdrome.............Woody

10. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

That was her thing. I don't want to see monsters and decorations and displays. I just want rules to be followed, or else don't make them in the first place.

I'm still bent about the atrocious food service. There was absolutely no excuse for that.

11. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

hahha,,this is funny.

12. tjm73

tjm73

That bike the kid is sitting on that's slammed...hard...that's a f'n cool bike!

13. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

more

Attached Files:

14. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

and more

Attached Files:

15. Good Wood

Good Wood