Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hell I know it all, and I want to help Ryan and the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48_HEMI, Jan 13, 2004.

1. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

I've comitted 1,000's of magazines to memory since I got hooked on HOT ROD magazine in 1952. (yeah I'm older than dirt) I'm unloading all my magazine collection from the seventies to present.
    I have an auction going now on 9 of the first 12 issues of Custom Rodder, that ends next sunday. I think that those 9 issues might help someone younger (not to hard to be younger, I'm 61) start a collection

To beef up the auction I'm adding.

Rod Action Volume 4 number 11 November 1975 (my oldest)

Editor Brian Brennan (when he still had big hair!) and Feature editor J. Neal East, Tech Editor Joe Mayall. I rate Rod Action over anything thing in print now days. right up there with Rodders Digest for my all time favorite! I have 105 issues.

this issue covers the 1975 nationals, the L.A. Roadster Show, when they were still at the Great Western, A great Garage scene with cars from Richland Washington, 2 cars from Phoenix Arizona, 3 from Winston-Salem North Carolina, and 1 from Arlington Texas.

Rod Action Volume 27 number 1 Jan 1998 (my newest issue)

Editor Rex Reese. Contributors Tex Smith, John & Julia Ashenberg, Art Dodge, Albert Drake, Jim Maxwell, Steve Reyes
    loaded with Rods and Tech [​IMG]

Street Rodder Volume 4 number 11 ( also from) Nov. 1975

Cover Has LINDA VAUGHN [​IMG] standing next to a T- Bucket with a license plate HOT TEE! WHAT A NICE PAIR! (the T and Linda dammit) Editor Pat Ganahl says Linda had been Miss Hurst for over 15 years. I can't begin to tell you all thats in this one issue. The 1975 Nationals coverage included Norm Grabowski and Phylis Diller singing dirty songs on stage! [​IMG]

So let me tell you what I gonna Do!

WE have The First Issue of Custom Rodder!
    We have the 2nd and 3rd issues of Custom Rodder!

That 3 out of the first 3!

we have 3 from the second year and 3 from the third year (they were quarterly for the first 3 years and I'm missing 1 from each year. I do have all six from years 4,5 and 6 plus many more. More on that later)

I'm adding 3 more Custom Rodder (I had some doubles)
    that makes twelve magazines!

But Wait I'm gonna throw in my oldest issue and my newest issue of Rod Action (great mags) that makes fourteen great magazines!

My oldest issue of Street Rodder....that makes fifteen 15,15,15 And If that isn't enough....

THE WINNER OF THIS AUCTION! THAT ENDS ON SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! AND ALL PROCEEDS GO TO RYAN! RYAN! RYAN! TO HELP SUPPORT OUR ADDICTION TO THE H.A.M.B. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    To the winner goes the right to "THE FIRST AND PROBABLY THE LAST BID ON THE REST OF MY 1970 AND NEWER MAGAZINES OR ANY PART OF THEM! You pay the freight on the big boxes, 25% of that sale will go to Ryan also
    the inventory contains
    105 Rod Action
    36 Rodders Digest
    9 Hot Rod Mechanix
    plus hundreds of Hot Rod,Car Craft, Rod & Custom, American Rodder, many single issues of mags that I've never seen again
    I'm keeping my pre 1970 and all the tech mags and manuals
    but when it comes time to let those go THE WINNER WILL HAVE FIRST SHOT AT THOSE TOO! [​IMG]

LET THE BIDDING BEGIN BOYS AND GIRLS [​IMG]

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

20 bux...like that will last.

3. [ QUOTE ]
    20 bux...like that will last.

[/ QUOTE ]

Root': You have such a negative attitude.[​IMG]

$40.00

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

"Fitty"...for those of you that don't get that- $50.00
    R-

5. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Hey Guys this is NOT the auction. [​IMG] look at auction CUSTOM RODDER VOL.1 [​IMG]
    these are being added to the original nine magazines sorry for the cornfusion, [​IMG] but thanks for the thought. I'll update the auction now [​IMG]

For good reasons duh! I can't edit or change my mind about the original. So I thought might get some people to re-read the original sorry if I caused any problems [​IMG]