Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HEI Upgrade (Pigtail Harness)?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64impala, Sep 6, 2016.

1. 64impala

64impala

1964 Chevorolet Impala
    327ci
    350 Auto Tran

I will be upgrading my failed Mallory Unilite Electronic Ignition (External Coil), with
    a ACDelco (See Attached Pic) HEI one piece distributor (Part 93440806) (internal coil).

Will I need to purchase a specific pigtail harness to accommodate my "stock" 1964 Chevy ignition wiring harness? If so, which harness will I need and where can I purchase it?

Thanks in advance....

Attached Files:

2. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA

Actually no harness needed . The batt wire is a spade ( lead available) and should be 10 gauge from ignition switch. Neg side is tach wire , everything else is there.........

3. That plug that is hanging actually plugs in where the arrow is pointing, them you plug 12V into the place marked battery.

acdelco distributor.jpg

4. squirrel

squirrel

they don't feed the ignition switch with 10 gauge wire...14 is plenty large enough....

but yeah, you want to run a new wire from the ignition switch IGN terminal to the distributor BAT terminal. 1/4" spade terminals at each end. There might be something else attached to the switch there, which can make it interesting, if you don't know what your'e doing. Also the original switch connector has a plastic housing, with Packard 56 type terminals in it. There's a trick to removing them.