Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Heavy duty intake/exhaust manifold gaskets to fit 217 flathead Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol-nobull, Oct 27, 2021.

1. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. The story - - Some years ago after rebuilding my Chevy 235 engine for my 46 Chevy Coupe I blew a couple of manifold gaskets. Both head and manifolds checked flat & true. We located a heavy duty gasket set online and from memory it was around $35. I cannot recall the brand & source. From memory it had aluminum face and back with a filler between & crushed when tightened down. Never had another problem after installing that set. This engine is shown in my avatar photo here.
    I would like to find the same brand set to fit my 50 Plymouth 217 flathead six engine as I will be soon installing an Offy dual intake and a set of Langdon cast iron headers & would like to start with a proven great set of gaskets.
    I am also looking for an original 1 bbl carb to go with the one currently on engine. Either new or good used. I can add a rebuild kit if needed. If I cannot find a good original I can get the the base adapters and go with Stromberg's. It will never be raced so the originals should work for me & can easily upgrade carbs later if needed.
    Thanks, Jimmie

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  2. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Tri Remflex gaskets they will seal anything

3. silent rick

silent rick

exhaust manifolds? i never use gaskets, i just used permatex ultra copper

4. Budget36

Budget36

This may be the carburetor you are wanting?
    Should fit in a flat rate box. I won’t be using it.

image.jpg