Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical heater Plumbing flathead

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by clyde28075, Jun 28, 2021.

1. clyde28075

clyde28075
    from concord NC

Guys getting ready to plumb the heater up in my 34 ford with a French block V-8 in it I have Navarro Heads on it they are set up like the stock heads with 2- 3/8 NPT tapped ports on the right side head at the top middle one facing forward the other towards the firewall and one on the left side head same location as the right. Can any of you tell me the proper way to run the heater hoses in and out of the engine and where should the water temp gauge sender go . Im using a Vintage air Heat only inside unit . The water to the heater comes from where ? out of engine and the return out of heater back to the engine or radiator goes where ?. The radiator doesn't have any Bungs in it but this is a new build can put one in it if it is needed water Pumps also have 3/8 NPT tapped holes in them on the side . So would appreciate some guidance's on this Please .Thank you in Advance for your expertise and help on this
    Thank You
    Clyde 28075

2. Water for the heater should go from the rear facing port on the right hand head to the inlet side of the heater (vintage air should indicate which is in and which is out). The outlet from the heater should go to the right side water pump.

warhorseracing likes this.
  3. clyde28075

clyde28075
    from concord NC

Thank you Center Of The Galaxie That was a great direct no bull answer to my Question those were what I thought but wanted to back it up from someone like yourself that has done it . THANK YOU Much i do sure Apricate it .

Center of the Galaxie likes this.
  4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As to the second part of the inquiry, two water temp senders. One in each head and either two gauges or a toggle switch (assuming you are using electric sending units).

warhorseracing likes this.

5. Bob Drake, Macs, and all the usual suspects sell this lower radiator hose heater nipple.
    [​IMG]

6. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

Something completely different
    Heater.jpeg
    If you have no water pump. Mike

Johnny Nitro and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  7. clyde28075

clyde28075
    from concord NC

Thats pretty cool never seen one like that Thanks for sharing

8. clyde28075

clyde28075
    from concord NC

9. clyde28075

clyde28075
    from concord NC

thank yo
    Thank you much for your expertise on this all answers were great and helpful Thank Again
    u

10. clyde28075

clyde28075
    from concord NC

Thanks for sharing that