Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heart Like a Wheel- Deluxe Edition DVD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stlouisgasser, Jan 8, 2011.

1. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Hey, I know most of us have seen this movie long ago but I was at a buddy's house recently and noticed that he had a newer version of this film on DVD with some Special Bonus Features. I was kinda curious about this so he let me borrow the DVD and I discovered a great 25-30 minute conversation where they got Shirley, Don Garlits, and Connie Kalitta to sit down and talk about the early days and it was great to hear some of their stories first-hand! On another note, it's hilarious to hear Don Garlits' EXTREMELY LOW OPINION of how he was portrayed in that movie! I mean c'mon now........he's probably the greatest drag racer and innovator of all time and they got him dressed in filthy clothes and eating bananas like a caveman or something! Check it out!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Some of it was filmed here in Olympia. I would love to have that Dvd. Were can a dude find it? The gas station from the film is still there. I have a photo of my Olds in front of it.

3. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

I bought mine several years back from Wal-Mart. I still haven't watched it. It came with a Pink Hot Wheels dragster.

4. x2.

5. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

6. fbama73

fbama73

Watched that one again last night. I knew Kalitta was an innovator, but according to the movie, he was running a '71 Mustang body on his funny car in 1966. That's badass!

7. retromotors

retromotors

He did that a lot.
    Of course, one of his earliest innovations was the flux capacitor.:D

8. 67goingthing

67goingthing

Saw Garlits several times throughout the 60's and got a chance to meet him in 1972 at the Gateway Nationals in St. Louis. Gave me his autograph on a paper plate and was indeed filthy as a hog. He looked like he had slept in the dirt the night before. That was before big rigs and pristine pit conditions. If I were him I would be offended too by what is arguably the worst movie ever made, save for Ishtar and Yentl.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  9. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

I watched that movie once... once. I have been racing since '74 & love everything about drag racing, except that movie