Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hearse Prices

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Classicdodges, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Classicdodges

Classicdodges
    from .

Anyone know where to find prices on Hearse's. I found a few for sale and curious if the guy is asking a good deal or a rip off.

2. Professional Car Club.

Cosmo

3. Willy301

Willy301

Even when built to an existing design and on the same chassis, everyone is still all hand fitted when built. Granted, you do not have to pay the price for that but just remember they are all considered custom.

4. George

George

Demand for old hearses has been kinda dead lateley...

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Tee hee.

6. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

:confused:heard people were dying to get in them!

7. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

my 15 year old daughter wants one!
    father like daughter!!!!

8. I was told that sales have flat lined.:D HRP

9. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

10. If the price is right, I understand the competition gets a little 'stiff"....:D

11. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Like a lot of things, prices vary a LOT depending on what it is and who has it.

The earliest hearses had wood body frames. Not much needs to be said about that. After wood, hearses made by good companies had very substantial metal body frames, and in many cases a full metal inner liner. The bodies of those cars hold up well. When fiberglass and fiberglass/metal replaced all metal, things changed. Some are better than others, but old hearses with fiberglass construction tend to crack, and get loose and flexy over time. Mountings of the heavy doors get loose and sag. Point being, if you are looking at a hearse with fiberglass bodywork, look it over well enough to that you are sure you know what you are getting.

12. historynw

historynw

Saw a 57 Chevy one in MaCungie this weekend...couldn't find the build plate it was a 4dr sedan conversion.