Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Heads up on Anthony Pedrick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uncleAud, Aug 3, 2018.

1. uncleAud

uncleAud

Contacted me months ago with some 26 t parts I had posted that I was looking for. Talked on the phone a few times and a deal was arainged. I broke the number one rule and sent cash, my fault, but on the phone he sounded legit. Long story short, no fed ex with parts. Actually got him to answer phone a couple times and he was all apologetic and would make things right. Its been five months and nothing yet. Won't take calls or messages anymore. So just saying, if you need parts beware and if you happen to buy his 26t, the hood and grill shell already been paid for:D

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ouch...that is not a good story. Dishonesty bigtime and regardless of your doing what you should not have gives no justification for this outcome. Thank you for the alert.

kbgreen likes this.
  3. 2935ford

2935ford

Got a feeling he has no T parts, of any kind!

Sorry to here this.

RMR&C likes this.
  4. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

NEVER SEND CASH! PayPal is good, and postal money orders are fine. ALWAYS check to see how long they've been on the hamb and how active they are.

Stogy and 54vicky like this.

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Will folks ever learn........????????

54vicky and kasselyn29 like this.
  6. XXL__

XXL__

And use the built-in feedback mechanism. It helps buyers and sellers see who has had successful transactions with whom. If you are unfamiliar with this tool, click on someone's profile, then click the Trading Stats tab. Voila.

2018-08-03 08.08.18.png

Stogy, kbgreen and Pinstriper40 like this.
  7. Did you tell Ryan about this,is he a hamb member?Can you verify address?

Stogy likes this.
  8. To bad UncleAud. When i get an adress from a buyer or seller i go to google earth and google to see what i can findout first . I don,t do social media so no help there.

54vicky likes this.
  9. It's a damn shame that it seems crooks are getting more numerous but they are still a minority.
    On the bright side, maybe this type of crap with put some life back into swap meets.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. its pretty easy to track people down these days with the internet. i found a guy i was in the service with 20+ years ago. I only had his first and last name and the state he was from when we were in.
    only took a couple of hours and i had a phone number and an address... with already having this guys name, number and state you should be able to track him down in no time.
    Chappy

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. I'll bet he wasn't a member of the hamb, every time I have ever advertised wanting a part I get someone that has exactly what I need at a price that sounds like a bargain and when we talk money it's I don't have a pay pal account or I want a payment through wally world.

I do not do business with anyone that is not a Hamb member and if I am going to send them money they need to be long time members , not joined yesterday.

Sorry you got screwed,if it's too good to be true, well you already know. HRP

1946caddy, XXL__ and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Well....didn't know we had that. I have never used it.

Stogy likes this.
  13. kasselyn29

kasselyn29

want adds should be shut! down imagine how many people get scammed and don't say anything

abe lugo likes this.
  14. So because a few people get taken because they are careless no one should get to use them? Get real....

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

54vicky, Texas Webb, Randall and 4 others like this.
  15. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

Want ads serve a valuable purpose, I would assume that there are more “good” transactions than not. Situations like this one are crappy, but it is up to the user to take precautions. In the words of the OP, “...I broke the number one rule and sent cash, my fault”. Shutting down want ads is not a real solution.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    alanp561, 54vicky, Randall and 5 others like this.
  16. Latigo

Latigo

His profile is still up. Joined late 2014. A few posts.

17. Sarcasm....some people don't get it.............I hope its sarcasm.....

18. So are you still shopping for a 26-27 Hood?
    The Wizzard

19. kasselyn29

kasselyn29

I used the want adds for some parts and had great luck, just got some parts from BCT no problems. Just pisses me off to see people RIP other people off. Low Life Scum sucking .....

20. Unfortunately, scammers have to sound legit or else they wouldn't be able to scam you.

54vicky likes this.
  21. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I have used the wanted ads also. It works, but just be careful and if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

22. uncleAud

uncleAud

yep...kinda

23. uncleAud

uncleAud

I'll be the first to admit I screwed up sending cash. They say you shouldn't screw with an old man because we didn't get old by being stupid but I have to admit I begin to feel more so every day. I always thought I was a good judge of character and I talked and texted with him quite a bit and thought he was straight up. I've had great luck buying and dealing with the fellow HAMBers. Just giving a heads up. Thanks for the replies.

Truck64 likes this.
  24. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

You have to watch ebay buyers too. Get their name and google and you will find some lulus that play ebays system. I cannot stand scum.

25. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Sorry you got shafted. Thank you for the heads up.

26. I may be able to help with a hood if your interested. Years back I bought a large collection of 26-27 parts. You may have seen my 27 R. P. on the Hot Rod A chassis. If I remember correct I got a nice Hood with all those parts. I can't use it as is on the A chassis. There's several photos of the R.P. bouncing around here.
    The Wizzard

27. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

037318b05660b10cb3b264d968686e77.jpg Guy probaly has no posts. Sure conversation went like this.Hi I have 10, 1932 ford three window coupes saw your wanted ad. I want $5,000 each .i have zero posts. Ps please send cash

28. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

People sometimes just go ding dong. Can even have a longtime triple-A gold plated stand up guy running a business and ... who knows why... they just trade in their reputation, all the years of "good will" and ride it straight into the ground. Doesn't happen often but it does happen. Point being, ya can't really trust anybody. Sad, ain't it.

29. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I think the want ads worked a lot better when they were mixed in with for sale ads and were viewed more and probably kept scammers at bay as well

30. maybe the wanted ads should be Alliance members to Alliance members only.

TheRPF.com a replica prop forum, only allows the "alliance members" to even use the classifieds, not so many scams like these going on there.

Another thing, most wants ads seems to have the guy looking for "a good price" besides just finding a part.