Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heads up fella's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corncobcoupe, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I foresee many of these people posting "cool" and "nice" in our future just so they can say they are contributing. I do feel this is a good rule but what really made me laugh is you posted it in the main forum where the perpetrators will never see it.:rolleyes:

To the mods you guys are doing a great job! Keep it up and thank you.

Jesse

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks !

I was wondering when someone was going to catch that.
    I have my reasons.

Cob

3. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Sounds good to me. I have lots of things I could post in the classifieds that I want to sell, but don't because I like The Hamb to be about the spirit of hot rodding for me. Without the business of it. I get to have the hot rod hobby here, and with people I meet here. It is nice to get out of the shop and away from buying and selling.
    Keep it pure and on track as possible.
    Good job.
    Wil
    ps I will stop sending those crazy drunken emails if you stop giving me infractions. Jk

4. Mark T

Mark T

Great idea!!!

I got hosed by one these guys that only posted in the classifieds.

5. chopdtop

chopdtop

I know of one seller, not sure if he's banned yet or not but will check shortly, that really doesn't sell anything here. He lists a lot of cars though. He has been a member for a while now and 99.9% of his posts are selling cars and bumping them. Then when the cars don't sell he says that it sold elsewhere. I don't recall ever seeing that a car of his has sold here. The other .1% was posting a picture of his vehicle on a couple of threads. No input of any kind other than that.

I think this may be the seller that I was thinking of when I wrote the above response. LOL. I'm going to check out the classifieds now and see if he's one of the two that I'm thinking of.

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Posting so I can sell some stuff...:D

Seriously...Good job, Cob, mods, Ryan. Thanks.

"What's the problem?" - As was said, a give and take thing vs a take take take thing. Also a matter of trust.

"They sell us parts" - Obvious, that Ryan founded this forum for more than just what we can generate in the way of tangibles. Good to see that the intangibles are important too...very important.

"They'll just post more" - I don't think they have the dedication to offset the volume of ads that Cob is talking about.

"Please don't kick me out" - I think they're referring to rediculously blatant offenders. There's a difference, and the mods see it clearly.

"The analogy wasn't quite correct" - Ohhhhhhhhhhh...poop...................lol.

7. slammed

slammed

Who cares? The OP and Ryan.

8. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I can see the point and its a good one
    But
    All you guys that sound like you agree without giving it a second thought have all the rare hard to find parts you will ever need …. It must be nice.

9. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Well I kind of miss my Granade Inspector statis! :rolleyes: But still enjoy the H.A.M.B. and the Jockey Journal all the same.....Roach.

10. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

11. kustom_dude

kustom_dude
    from CA

I don't have many posts and i'm sure there are some guys on the HAMB that don't either. I have been on the HAMB since the 1st one started. I am not selfish by any means I like to read and see what friends are working on and so on. I have also sold stuff on here I have also giving a lot of stuff away free too. Im just not big on chewing it up on the net

I hope there are some exceptions here and there.

Im sure I will get a beat down for this post.

12. Pheeeew!!!! I thought there was something wrong with me :)

13. haychrishay

haychrishay

Rules are Rules, and if these guys (the moderators) are willing to invest their time.... we should have the respect to comply. Thank you gentlemen !

14. Keep

Keep

One of the first things I look at in the classifieds is the join date. I am sure I am not alone in this. That usually helps me decide if I want to deal with you or not.

15. buffords40ford

buffords40ford

Great job Cob and Ryan. glad your keeping it straight, so many boards
    are trash and that's not the case with HAMB!! #1 site imop, but who am I ?
    just another builder looking to sell and buy parts from reputable people..
    I have been screwed once and consider that a good percentage. I also look at join dates. I agree that a HAMB membership is vital to help with expenses and sure Ryan will agree. just my .02 cents worth of B.S.,, allen :p

16. I'll vouch for him, Steve is an odd one. ;-)

17. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

It really only seems fair that if you are buying and selling on the site, then there should be a charge. Even just a small charge per ad. But maybe we should just get Alliance memberships. But that might be a little much for a small listing. Just a little charge is more than fair. It is really unfair not to have one. Trying to get something for nothing.
    On the issue of people posting rare parts or completely on topic cars that just joined, I doubt that the moderators are focusing on some guy selling his period perfect hot rod that was left to him by his grandfather, who just joined to find a home for it.

Have Fun

18. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

MAN ......took me awhile to figure this one out. I have bought parts from one who has been banned & no problem . (just found out) This is not my site , but iam part of it & would most likely fall over dead without it & also realize rules are rules.

19. Classified mod's rule the world......thanks...

20. swyard

swyard
    BANNED

i just joined 2 days ago, and my understanding of this site is that is for car lovers ! and all the car lovers i know help other car lovers with connections,parts,cars etc.! and just because someone might have the appearance of something doesn't necessarily mean that's what happening, it's called judgement by someone who doesn't know the facts, just like a trial someone is in that appears to be a terrible person based on what we might do that doesn't make them guilty, anyway i hope to enjoy the site and the people i meet here, and if the hamb is bothered by car lovers helping car lovers they should have a membership for car lovers that want to sell because i'm sure if thats all they want to do they would pay just like they do on racing junk and other car related sites, well here i go off to check out the hamb
    later !

21. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks man.

It's all about the cars..........

Cob

22. lvlynyrd

lvlynyrd
    from Las Vegas

Only been back into cars about 2 years after 30 years away. Puts me in the position of having damn little to offer to the HAMB community in either current technology OR spare parts to sell. So, I get on every night and read as many posts as I can in the hope of learning new tech and jogging the brain cells on what I USED to know. Probably won't use the classifieds except to buy, and I do try to post if I think I actually have some rare bit of history or knowledge that might help. Guess my scarcity of posts will always keep me a FNG, but I already feel I know a lot of you by name already. I keep promising my build pics, and hopefully they will come soon.

23. used2b

used2b
    from indiana

hey guys, felt the need to post. i'v been lurking for years, but got a password a few monthes ago. i quit rodding in '76 when my 'buds' sold my cars to a scrapper to fund their trip to datona speed week. number one son was on the way, so i folded, thew down my cards and walked away. well, i've been toying with the idea of getting back into the scene, and i want to make sure i make the right choice. i've nothing to sell, and not ready to buy. i've started to remember some and have learned lots from you folks, only going to have room for one rod. So, thanks to you all! and to the mods, ( mods ment something way different in my day!) your doing a great job! Thanks again.

24. belair

belair

25. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

This is a GREAT idea, I've dealt with one of these guys this month and it hasn't been anything but annoying. I had a part listed in the classifieds and I got a fair offer from one of these classifieds posters. I was a little turned off when I noticed all 200+ posts were in the classifieds but I figured what the hell, I need this stuff gone.

Some days go by and I get an email saying he lost my address which I PM'd him...I thought that was weird. Then a week goes by and I still haven't recieved my payment so I emailed him and he said maybe he'll go to the post office the following day or send me a check. No thanks! :rolleyes:

26. S.F.

S.F.

Me agree'ing on this depends on if the stuff they were selling was cool stuff, or junk. Weather if they post or not on the main board, it's nice to keep a good selection of goods in the for sale section, alot of stuff that I bought off the hamb has helped me put a few cars together. Ive found stuff on here that Ive never been able to find anywhere else, I'd hate to see the classifieds section go down hill.

27. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

You mods and admins run a nice tight ship. You are all to be commended!