Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heads up fella's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corncobcoupe, Jul 7, 2011.

1. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Guys who only come onto the HAMB just to sell in the classifieds and nothing else
    ( meaning no other posts anywhere ) non interaction on the main HAMB page or Tech or Q+A or anywhere else eventually will be weeded out.

Two such guys in the last week have been weeded out after sending them notice PM's telling them that the HAMB is not just a classifieds web site. Unfortunately, it didn't matter to them and they are no longer on the HAMB.

It was not done in a split second and discussed over time with Ryan, so it's not like a notice wasn't sent.

Anyway - if you are reading this and the only posts you have are for regularly selling in the classifieds and the only posts you have, suggest you might want to check out all the other catagorys on the HAMB and get involved - participate etc.

Thanks

2. About time! keep up the good work and have fun with the weed wacker!

3. Glad to see it. Tired of seeing the same people using up the classifieds. Ther're not here for the brotherhood, just for the bucks.

4. X2! I had an FNG with 2 posts-TO ME wanting to buy something that i had in the classifieds. Wanted to pay me half up front,and the rest after he got the goods! Said he "didn't know me". Ya,go to Micky D's,and ask to taste the hamburger first before you pay!
    WTF!
    Glad to PO-PO is monitoring!

5. roundvalley

roundvalley

Good---good---good ---good!

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I pretty much agree with this.

Also I call for a motion to disclude anyone that shows up selling really nice 28-34 bodies for cheap.

7. phukinartie

phukinartie

Thats great oh by the way I have this......Whoops nevermind!!! :D

8. 53chevy

53chevy

Yeah, really, what do they think this is, Craigslist (hahahaha!!!!)

Yeah, but really....nevermind....good call on this.

Ken

9. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Agreed. Good call.

10. hotdamn

hotdamn

since we dont have the 50 min rule I think this will be great:)

thanks guys!

11. racer756

racer756

Thanks for your hard work!

12. Cool.

Thanks.

BloodyKnuckles

13. Wasn't there a rule that in order to post in the classifieds you had to have posted on the main forum a minimum number of times? Im sure this was the case when I signed up.

14. The funny thing is...all that are affected will not see this notice.

15. seatex

seatex

Is that what happened to the "SNUGGLERS"?!!? :#o

16. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

long time coming....and yes I agree completley....especially the ones that have xyz for sale...you answer the add pm them ...then their answer is log on to my site to by xyz...

17. thebugbox

thebugbox

:D

Hopefully join date will be a part of the culling as I know there's a lot of lurkers like me that might one day decide to sell something.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

19. Master of None

Master of None

Sad but true, great new rule.

20. OH SHIT!!!! I better start posting....haha!
    I bet there's 100's of guys on here that just joined to sell shit. Glad you're weeding out the herd!!!

That reminds me.....forgot to put something in the classifieds,haha!

21. SDCamaro

SDCamaro
    from San Diego

Good to know. I just signed up, but as with most forums im on, I do a lot of reading, and not a lot of posting. I love the old cars but I dont feel I know enough about them to contribute anything of extreme usefulness lol. Looks like a lot of reading, learning and posting is in order. :D

22. Master of None

Master of None

Before the HAMB police get you, go do an intro quick.:)

23. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The two that were affected were sent a Notice almost two weeks ago.

A Pm response by one got himself banned.
    The other was given time to see if he understood but continued to post way DAILY with bump after bump after bump on a buch of cars etc. and out of over 700 posts - only one post was made on the main HAMB board and that was only AFTER his notice was sent with a note of If it makes us feel better to post on the mian HAMB board.

We ( Ryan and I ) tried.
    We will work with guys, but for those who use the classifieds to sell and that's it - nothing else, then the HAMB is just being used for generating money and that's it. It's taking advantage of the HAMB and could ruin it for other HAMB members if too much abuse crap happens.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  24. zephyrV12

zephyrV12
    BANNED
    from pomona ca

I agree with it

25. Harms Way

Harms Way

Agreed 100%

26. I"m glad that you guys take the time to do your due diligence in keeping out the riff-raff.

Thanks, Cob!

27. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I agree also....how about the one post wonders that brings up a classified ad from 2004? "is this still for sale?" Is there a time frame when the ad is just to old and no longer significant?

28. Some guys just don't get it! Like showing up at a party,just to eat some free food and beer and leaving....

29. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Yeah if the party sucks, but this party has drunk cheerleaders and an Atari! Why would you leave?